Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Even though it says for only Centro, 755P, and 680, it works for 700P

http://mobile.palm.com/us/mobi/facebook/dsk-index.html
    it wouldn't install on mine. Anybody know what files are added?
    nice
    I'm not a facebook member yet, but this might convince me.

Thanks for the tip!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    it wouldn't install on mine. Anybody know what files are added?
    I think you have to install the 755 firmware upgrade for it to work.
    Dear all,

I read about the new FaceBook client on the Palm Infocenter channel on Avantgo, and tried installing it immediately using the link. I was able to download the client directly to my Treo and install it (no computer), and the client works perfectly. It's got a surprising amount of functionality, and it runs very well on the 700p. In many ways (OK, one way) it's a leap above using FaceBook on a computer. There are, so far, no ads.

When you set up the client, you are given the choice of installing on a 680, a 755, or a Centro. I chose the 680, as that's the oldest phone in the list. That install worked perfectly for me.

John Feinberg
    Montclair, NJ
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Not sure if there is a difference but I chose 755 since I did the firmware upgrade and have had no problems since. The only gripe I have with the program is when viewing pictures it cuts it off a bit. Have not found any setting that would adjust it but I'm sure FB has gotten alot of complaints on that, that future updates may fix
    I am running straight 700p/1.10-SPNT and had no problems with the install (selected 755p) or running the app itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT_hawkeye View Post
    I am running straight 700p/1.10-SPNT and had no problems with the install (selected 755p) or running the app itself.
    Same Here!
    how do you uninstall this thing? tried the native delete menu, but when it came to the facebook app, it won't delete it.
    Hate to recall such an old thread, but I never upgraded my OS so I am running 1.08 spnt. It appears that will not work as I get a message saying the device needs to be updated. Has anyone gotten the software to install with 1.08?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I found it basically useless compared to the mobile app. The only useful feature I found is its ability to integrate into the "send" feature if you want to upload a pic directly from your treo to FB. Other than that its functions and features are too limited.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Really loving this for my Centro. I'm always online and updated with my Facebook friends and playing poker!
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    You know I was on a plane yesterday and the woman next to me has a Verizon 755p. I was beaming her applications and showing her how to use them (killed two hours fast) but everytime I tried to start Facebook (no I wasn't going to connect with it on the plane) the phone would just reset. I deleted it and everything was fine again. I told her to download it from the site, so I hope it works.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I have the Treo 755P and have downloaded the Facebook Application. I cannot figure out how to take a picture with my phone and upload it to Facebook. Sorry if I appear to be (probably am) stupid but would appreciate simple instructions. P.S. I know this is 700P link but I'm trying for an answer wherever I can get it Thanks Dorothy
    Quote Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
    I have the Treo 755P and have downloaded the Facebook Application. I cannot figure out how to take a picture with my phone and upload it to Facebook. Sorry if I appear to be (probably am) stupid but would appreciate simple instructions. P.S. I know this is 700P link but I'm trying for an answer wherever I can get it Thanks Dorothy
    Go to the far left tab on the bottom of the Facebook app. Once there go into whatever folder you want to upload a picture to. On the bottom there should be an Upload button, choose Camera or Photos depending on where you want to upload from.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers