I'm interested in software that sets an OS-wide proxy. Here's why:

I use a Centro with T-mobile. I have the $5.99 T-zones internet package, and therefore must connect through a proxy in order to access most webpages. Some apps (including the built in web browser) allow the user to set a proxy and port setting, while others (many IM clients, Google products, the new facebook app, and many others) do not allow the user to set a proxy. Considering the T-mobile internet plan that will allow a proxy-less connection to the internet costs $20, many smartphone users on T-mobile use the $5.99 internet and a proxy.

Because the cost is so much higher ($14/month). I think people would be willing to pay a significant amount ($20-30?) for software that would automatically route any program's attempt to access the internet through the required proxy. The proxy server is: 216.155.165.50, port 8080.

I'm not a developer, so I don't even know if this is possible. If you are a developer and are interested in developing something along the lines of what I've described, I'd like to hear from you. Also, if you're also interested in software that does what I've described, chime in please!