1.    #1  
    I've read a few post here about using the palm centro on a t-mobile network. I'm curious though, how is the quality and does the internet work? Today I spoke with a guy at t-mobile who said an unlocked phone would work but he has "never got the internet to work on a palm" and that the sound quality gives echoes.

What has been anyones experience here? I really really really want the centro but I have a t-mobile contract that has quite a bit of time on it . . Thanks!!!
    I bought one unlocked and it works fine. Unfortunately, the $5.99 internet plan requires changes in some proxy settings to go to most websites. The good news is that the built-in web browser allows you to set the proxy. The bad news is that many other programs (such as Google Maps) do not. All internet enabled programs should work with the $19.99 plan. Otherwise, the Centro has been great. I'm not sure what he's talking about when he says it echoes. I think the sound quality is good, especially the speakerphone.
    If you have other questions, feel free to ask. Also, search the forum and the internet.
    I have the 19.99 plan and everything works fine, no setup it just works. I get no more echo's on my Centro than any other phone I use on their network. It happens every once in a while but it does with their phones as well. Was this a guy in a store? I have dealt with their tier 3 support several times and everyone of them I have talked to knows that Palms work on their network.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    yeah, it was a guy in the store. I don't think he had direct experience with the centro though. He only made reference to another palm model so he certainly wasn't an expert. Thanks for the responses guys! I think I will be purchasing the centro in the next few days.
    But what about the settings for t zones and pic mail. Thanks
    Pic mail just works on mine. My wifes who has the 5.99 internet plan we did have to add the proxy settings to Blazer but messing and email worked without tweaks.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I have the 19.99 plan and everything works fine, no setup it just works. I get no more echo's on my Centro than any other phone I use on their network. It happens every once in a while but it does with their phones as well. Was this a guy in a store? I have dealt with their tier 3 support several times and everyone of them I have talked to knows that Palms work on their network.
    Exactly my situation
    I have an unlocked AT&T working on a t-mobile with the 19.99 data plan. Media Mail or PicMail is a problem. It sends but have problems receiving pics unless they are from another t-mobile customer. Some pics have to be routed via the email because the phone fails to send them via messaging regardless of size.

90 mins on the help line with all 3 tiers did nothing to help.

My wife has an expansys.com unlocked centro and it works fine with no glitches whatsoever.
    Treo 180, 300, 600, 650, still regretting the 680, Centro, ...
    Waiting for the next worthy smart-phone while test-driving an iPhone for the last 3 months.
    I have the $5.99 T-Zones plan and am disappointed that I can't access GoogleMaps because it doesn't have a place to put the proxy in.

I hate to ask a dumb question...but if I had an "unlocked GSM" phone, instead of an ATT phone that has been unlocked with a www.centrounlock.com code, would I be able to use GoogleMaps with the T-Zones plan or would it still not work?
    Quote Originally Posted by MitzyGoose View Post
    I have the $5.99 T-Zones plan and am disappointed that I can't access GoogleMaps because it doesn't have a place to put the proxy in.

I hate to ask a dumb question...but if I had an "unlocked GSM" phone, instead of an ATT phone that has been unlocked with a www.centrounlock.com code, would I be able to use GoogleMaps with the T-Zones plan or would it still not work?
    It does not matter whether it is unlocked in the factory or at home, it won't work. T-Mobile restricts access for the 5.99 T-Zone to just email and web browsing via proxy.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone