Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Okay, this is a bizarre issue that has me stumped. Palm support hasn't been able to help:

When I make a call to a cell phone, if the person I'm calling does not answer, I never hear their voicemail, just silence. I hear the ringing as expected, but then there is silence. Here's what I've been able to figure out:

- This only happens when I call a cell phone. Calling landlines goes to voicemail/answering machine fine.

- The Treo seems to go into standby. Screen and keyboard are dark. It does not respond to any key presses except....

- Hitting the "call end/power key" terminates the call. Just before the call ends I suddenly hear the person's outgoing voicemail message.

- Hitting the calendar key brings up the calendar, and similarly I can suddenly hear the outgoing voicemail message of the person I'm calling.

So somehow, when I make a call to a cell phone that goes to the other person's voicemail, the Treo goes into standby, though the call is technically continuing.

I have minimal third-party software (Google Maps, Facebook, Palm eReader, Plucker, Bejeweled, Solitaire), and this problem started well after I had those items installed.

I have already attempted both soft and hard resets (though after the hard reset I did restore my data via hotsync).
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Update: Even if I do a hard reset but don't restore my data, I have the same issue.

Also, I hit the calendar key as soon as the ringing stopped, and it turns out the call was still ringing. So apparently the Treo goes into standby if the call isn't picked up quickly enough when calling a cell phone.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sorry, I don't have the answer for you, but I wanted to share that I have the exact same problem. I amusing a cingular-branded 680 w/ AT&T 2.11 software and firmware R01.91
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well, not sure if this is what definitely resolved it, but I found that increasing the "auto-off after:" Power preference to "1 minute" seemed to do it.

I say I'm not sure, as I'm pretty sure this worked fine when I had that set to "30 seconds". Oh well. I always turn my phone off right away when I'm not using it anyway, so this doesn't cause a huge drain in power/battery life for me.