1.    #1  
    Hi all,

On my T3 I have Kinoma player 2 with several videos made using kinoma Producer. On the Centro I've got the Kinoma 4 EX I tried moving the video from the T3 to using Card Export and the move was successful, but Kinoma player4 didn't find any of the new videos when I did a manual synchronization. When I used Resco Explorer to find the files and open with Kinoma - the file was moved to a "temporary location" then I got a message that the file could not be opened, or was incompatible format blah blah blah.

Any ideas how to get the newer version of Kinoma to read the older version of video?

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Kim,

Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    Any ideas how to get the newer version of Kinoma to read the older version of video?
    We dropped support for the proprietary PDB format after Kinoma Player 3.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  3.    #3  
    ok charles,
    so what does that mean to me as a user? I can only view the older videos on the T3? Several of the clips are related to my business. I'm trying to consolidate devices. How can I get the clips on the centro?
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    so what does that mean to me as a user? I can only view the older videos on the T3?
    Yes, but the best solution is to re-encode from the original source to a modern format like MPEG-4 or Windows Media.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks