1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I've been trialing Takephone and on my first install of the trial it quoshed my volume control. Visited the forum, nobody else has experienced this (or at least hasn't corresponded about it); so I uninstalled and reloaded - got my volume back.

Recently had a weird situation with Sprint - seems my phone was reported "lost or stolen" and of course the service was turned off. As is par for the course I discovered this faux pas in the wee hours of the morning on a Saturday, so had to wait until "normal business hours" on Monday for actual help in reestablishing service. As for the "lost or stolen" phone- all I can figure is that the phone number of the missing phone was close to mine...

The phone service was restored, but not Power vision service - of course meaning another call to Sprint. While on the phone with the tech and being instructed to key in certain test codes, it was discovered the test codes weren't activating as expected!

Yes I tried them from the Takephone dial pad and even went to the original applications and used the Palm dial pad, still no go. I deleted Takephone while still communicating with the Sprint Tech, and voila! The test codes worked! Albeit I didn't get the expected menu the tech was looking for, at least the codes worked enough to give him the info he needed and power vision was restored.

So on the one hand I really like what Takephone offers, but am baffled why I keep getting blips that interefere with the normal Centro workings. With each reload, I've REdownloaded and overwritten the file - so I am not working from the same original download - if by chance it was corrupted somehow.

ANy ideas? I'm back to the normal boring Centro Phone program

Cheers,
    Kim
    Last edited by Forgewizard; 06/12/2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typos
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    I've never had the issues you mention above with Takephone. I've been using it for a long time (like 5 years).
  3.    #3  
    Thought I'd list the other programs I have loaded:

Datebook6
    Resco Explorer
    Card Export
    Pocket Quicken ( trial)
    Tryda
    TreoCentral
    Butterfly
    Pocket Express
    Palm Files
    Google Maps
    Kinoma Player
    Mobile Write
    Smartlisttogo
    Snap
    Sprint Store
    Taxi Taxi
    Vox

It might help,
    Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!