Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Oh- and yes, I can login on my pc using same email and password.
    A moment ago, I deleted the Facebook app, soft reset Centro, downloaded Facebook app OTA off palm's website. Installed and ran it on my Centro. Still getting message that my email and password combination are incompatible.
    Then I went to login on m.facebook.com. I keep getting the login page back.
    I logged in on www.facebook.com on my Centro's broqser. Successful.
    I logged in on www.facebook.com on my laptop. Successful.
    So not sure why my email and password combo work on www.facebook.com on both Centro and desktop, but NOT on the Facebook app and m.facebook.com. And I promise that I carefully typed in the email and password- and I am sure I typed in the correct email address and password.
    The blessing from this is that I can tell my friend that unless facebook runs on my Centro, I am unable to keep up with facebook. :-)
    can you log into m.facebook.com on your computer?
    Yes- I can login on m.facebook.com on my pc. I gave up and deleted the app from my Centro. I consider it a blessing- one less thing to do :->
    This app sucks.

I'm on UK Virgin GSM (unlocked Centro) and all it seems to do is give me a "HTTP Error : there was a problem communicating with Facebook (r). Please try again later".

no logs, no diagnostics and no real options to tweak. Shoddy.

(and before anyone says it - YES my login details are correct and YES I can connect to m.facebook.com from Blazer). I have a suspicion there's a proxy lurking somewhere in the background that is not accessible from any network apart from the "official" partners.

This app sucks.

Bah!
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 11/14/2008 at 10:23 PM.
    After being unsuccessful in using the app myself as detailed in this thread, I deleted the app. When I did, my Centro froze- my heart leapt to my throught. I ook out the battery and my screen stayed frozen. I put the battery back and took it out 2x before my Centro soft reset. All has been well since.
    Days after, I hit the button for on m.facebook.com on my favorit pages. I had previously created it when I was trying it out. I got in without typing in my login and password. I was surprised. BUT I could not log out. for days, I was taken directly to my profile page each time I bit the favorite button for facebook. Then a couple days ago, I hit the same button, blazer opened the mobile facebook login page. I had to enter my login and password. I have been doing this the last 2 or 3 days. It's the weirdest thing.
    Twitter, on the other hand, has been seamless for me on blazer. I used it to follow the Mars Phoenix which is now frozen and presumed dead.
    Sorr for the long post.
    Sorry for the typos and mispelling on the post. Meant to say throat NOT throught :embarassed: The rest of the typos is courtesy of my fingers hitting the wrong keys on the Centro. I make significantly more typos using the Centro keyboard than I did on the Treo 600 keyboard. sorry for the OT post.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf View Post
    Does anyone know if the facebook application can be run from the SD card?
    anyone figure this out?
    No, I'm pretty sure it can only be run from the RAM. Just one of those programs you either put on the phone & run, or delete it if you think it's not worth it. Personally, I think that even the original Centro has plenty of space for running the programs that won't work on the card. There shouldn't be a performance issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by morndew View Post
    anyone figure this out?
    You can. I've got the FB app and Googlemaps running from my 4gig micro sd card with no problems. In TAKEphone the icon for them also shows a little black memory icon to indicate it's being run from card. This is on my Palm Centro however and I'm not sure about other Palm devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    This app sucks.

I'm on UK Virgin GSM (unlocked Centro) and all it seems to do is give me a "HTTP Error : there was a problem communicating with Facebook (r). Please try again later".

no logs, no diagnostics and no real options to tweak. Shoddy.

(and before anyone says it - YES my login details are correct and YES I can connect to m.facebook.com from Blazer). I have a suspicion there's a proxy lurking somewhere in the background that is not accessible from any network apart from the "official" partners.

This app sucks.

Bah!
    Yeah I don't use it much anymore (the only reason I keep it is for photo uploads), the m.facebook is far better now, they've added some cool things like commenting on feed stories and notifications. Once they sort photo and video uploading I'll be dumping the Palm app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
    You can. I've got the FB app and Googlemaps running from my 4gig micro sd card with no problems. In TAKEphone the icon for them also shows a little black memory icon to indicate it's being run from card. This is on my Palm Centro however and I'm not sure about other Palm devices...
    BONUS! Hah, I didn't know I could put GMaps on the card, too. Guess I just never tried. Thanks for the input!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234