Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It won't allow me to run the installer on my 700p without updating the phone. What files are actually installed?
    how do you do video uploads? i am very impressed with this facebook
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    m.facebook.com was "ok". This app rules! :-)
    the only thing I don't like is that you can't see the whole photos, the app doesn't resize them to fit the screen.

or I'm missing something

other than that is way better than m.facebook.com
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jozue View Post
    They have a lot of the same features, but it is not hard to see how much faster it is to have it running as a native app rather than through the web. Photo galleries are much easier (and faster) to scroll through, the GUI us much friendlier (you don't have to scroll all around the page to go from one to the next) and the contact integration between my Facebook contacts and my phone is pretty sweet. So there are definitely advantages to using this app over m.facebook.com.
    Points noted. The upgraded photo handling could be pretty helpful.
    Ok, this is funny (and if mentioned elsewhere sorry, im on the road!)

Installed the OTA app seemed to go fine, then couldnt find it on the Treo.

Of course I was looking under in the "f's" on my launcher for facebook and its under "i" for "Install Facebook"

Probably never would have figured it out except that my hot key to go to the internet is "I" and i caught a glimpse of the launcher screen with the "I" apps just before it switched to the web.

Anyway, if anybody else is having trouble finding the app after the install, thats where it is!
    Right, for OTA you first download the PRC that will be called "Install Facebook", click on it, and then -- after the install process is over - there will be "Facebook" app (on my Sprint Centro, it's in Main category).
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326 View Post
    how do you do video uploads? i am very impressed with this facebook
    When you are watching the video, goto the menu and then to Send. There is a facebook option there. Thought it was limited to 1.5mb size. BOO! I took a 1.7mb video of Yooooooouk's homerun last night and couldn't upload it on the fly :-(

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    kenorian,

any reason you haven't updated to the 1.10 firmware?
    I haven't had a compelling reason... haven't had problems with data connections or SMS messages. Yeah, Blazer takes a few seconds to load. Last fall so many people seemed to be having problems with the upgrade, it just forgot about it.

Maybe I'll have a few beers and do it tonight
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardex View Post
    the only thing I don't like is that you can't see the whole photos, the app doesn't resize them to fit the screen.

or I'm missing something

other than that is way better than m.facebook.com
    Ya same thing not sure how to adjust that
    Does anyone know if the facebook application can be run from the SD card?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekesqueaky View Post
    m.facebook.com was "ok". This app rules! :-)
    Exactly. I'll be hitting up facebook all the time now. I didn't use it that much before but this makes it so much easier and fun to use! Great job Palm and Facebook!!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Just select 755p. That's what I did and it's running great on my 700p.
    Upgraded to 1.10 and everything is better

The app is great! Much faster and user friendly than the web app.
    Palm Personal > Palm Pro > Visor w/ VisorPhone > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 700p > Centro > HTC Hero (briefly) > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung GS3 > Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    It's a nice app but does it doesn't do anything I couldn't already do from m.facebook.com
    One area it beats it in is the ability to open the Centro camera from within the app, take a pic for instant upload to FB. Very neat!
    used throughout the afternoon/evening. working great! much faster than the blazer version, and fullscreen pics ROCK.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    It's a really, really good program. I'm loving it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Ya same thing not sure how to adjust that
    It actually trims the left and right of a landscape photo and the top and bottom of a portrait photo but I'd rather have that then view the small thumbnails on m.facebook.com. You can't see anything at that size. The cropping really isn't that bad on most of the pics I've viewed.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I like m.facebook.com WAY better.
    Wow. Really? Just curious but what do you like so much more on the mobile site? Or what is it you don't like about the app?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm going to have to say that the app needs work. I made a brief video snippet last night and tried to upload it....the app uploads it...but then I get a message from facebook that says this:

You recently uploaded a video to Facebook, and it could not be processed. This can happen for a couple of reasons:

* The file you uploaded is not actually a video file. Make sure you can play it on your computer before uploading.
    * The video format you uploaded is not supported by our system. Try converting the video into a more common format.

To upload another video, go to:
    http://vupload.facebook.com/video/upload.php?file

If you are still having trouble, check out the Facebook video help page:
    http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=417

Thanks,
    The Facebook Team

I looked at the help link and it "says" that it supports 3pg (or whatever files) that the Centro supposedly codes its videos in....
    I really like this program, much more than m.facebook.com.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast