Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Hope to get the vzw centro in the next few days. Have a 650 now. How do I get all my data over to it. Do I give it a new device name? I figure if I do that, I can still use both devices. So I would then sync centro to outlook address book to get my phone book and calendar over. Then the other apps I use are 1)splashid for pwd/login info. Hope I can just re install this and when I sync from my computer, it will get my host splash id data. 2)pdanet. someone told me that I need to purchase another copy, not sure if it is true. 3)pdf reader, but heard that centro comes with that native 4)resco explorer, and 5)... a bunch of free SW that I can just re install. Can anyone comment on the procedure. I understand doing a clean re install is the best way to go.
    Have you glanced through the forums on this yet? This has been discussed in depth before If you want to sync to different devices, you have to have 2 user names. If you want to use 1 user name with 2 devices, you need to rename the backup folder on the desktop. Really, this has been answered bunches of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
    I understand doing a clean re install is the best way to go.
    So why not do this? Yes it is more work, but it will be worth it.
    A clean install produces the least problems.