Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was browsing the selector link at
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...=US_L_selector

and noticed the Palm 755 Verizon appears to have built-in IM..
    (I have verizonwireless...)

where is the IM application in/on the phone?

Thank you.
    I know the Sprint 755 has one but I don't use it as they charge for text messages when using it!! I downloaded the free app Webmessenger for Mobile and use that, it has portals for the 6 IM services (MSN, AOL, YAHOO, GOOGLE, etc) and operates in the background and the battery drain is neglible.

http://www.webmessenger.com/
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Verizon does not have it, Sprint does. Just another way Verizon rakes their customers over the coals. VZN does give you stereo headphones which I believe Sprint does not offer. Other than that from what I hear Sprint gives you more for the money.

There are some applications you can purchase. Just do a search on this site and you will find them.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Wow, as I was typing Dollface beat me......
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Sprint does supply stereo headphones with a built-in speaker on the cord. I replaced mine though with another pair that had a retractable case. And yes, you cannot beat Sprint with a stick, for what they offer.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    If you only want AIM, toccer is free.
    The user agreement is rather interesting with its restrictions (500 in 24 hours - not bad) and the advertising to pay for it. Any comments on that?

Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I know the Sprint 755 has one but I don't use it as they charge for text messages when using it!! I downloaded the free app Webmessenger for Mobile and use that, it has portals for the 6 IM services (MSN, AOL, YAHOO, GOOGLE, etc) and operates in the background and the battery drain is neglible.

http://www.webmessenger.com/
    Ben, I don't know where you are reading that, but did you click on the big "Get Free Mobile IM Now" button and download from there? I read that user agreement and it doesn't have what you posted in there. Also, what advertising are you speaking of?
    http://www.webmessenger.com/company/..._Agreement.htm

I read all of this stuff...boring reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    http://www.webmessenger.com/company/..._Agreement.htm

I read all of this stuff...boring reading.
    thanks. I still don't see what the 500 in 24 hours is about. As far as advertising, there is no advertising on my messaging screen, so not sure what that is about either???
    No, it is not. The advertising - none yet? Then I shall give it a go. Thanks!
    Sprint's IM does not count as a text message. It counts as data usage but not SMS messages.
    I believe you need to check closer on this - SMS is used and from a Sprint representative I spoke to, those SMS alerts do count.
    Right, I called sprint on this too, and was told to use the onboard Sprint IM program, would count as text message charge.
    Last edited by dollface; 06/12/2008 at 07:38 AM.
    Dollface, would you please say that again? I do not understand - would/could???
  17.    #17  
    thanks for the reply, guys... i tried the installing the webmessenger and it worked fine..
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Dollface, would you please say that again? I do not understand - would/could???
    Phew, I need a spellcheck! I fixed it, thanks
    The Sprint IM app is SMS. Most other 3rd party apps are data.

I recommend Mundu, not free but minimal cost for a great,stable app. Lifetime updates and supports all major IM platforms.
    Hmmm, doesn't appear I'm getting charged for it. Is it a text message per IM conversation or for each response you send?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast