1.    #1  
    Just a few questions from a very new centro (and smartphone) user.

1. Is there a way to set the agenda/task list view of the centro as the default home screen?

2. I doubt this is possible, but is there a way to make the red power and "hanging up" button take you to the home screen? with my old phone, hitting that button would do just that, while holding it down would turn the phone on or off. I guess I kind of got into the habit.

3. For some reason, the Gmail section of the agenda screen (under the calendar button) never refreshes and always says "Gmail inbox empty" even when it's not. Anyway to fix this?

4. I seem to have "lost" my Contact List button. I somehow managed to put a new favorite button in its place, but now cannot retrieve the old one.

5. I seem to have "lost" my Contact List button. I somehow managed to put a new favorite button in its place, but now cannot retrieve the old one.

6. I've been trying to set up hotsync between my Mac (OS X) and my centro. I created a custom connection, but when I try to sync them together, the message, "Unable to initiate HotSync because the port is in use by another application" How can I fix this?

Kind of lengthy on the questions, I know. Thanks for the help, though!!
    What do you mean by "home screen"? Do you mean phone screen? Or default calendar screen?

A lot of your questions can be answered by reading your manual. I highly recommend it. If you don't read it, you will probably miss a lot of the features of your Centro.

By the way, if you go to the "Prefs" app, you can set up your buttons how you want.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Hitting the hard button with the little phone handset icon always takes you to the main phone screen. With a GSM Centro you can configure which of the five views is your "main" screen.
    If you are in a phone call and you've (say) gone to the Contacts application to look up something up, hitting that same hard button returns you to the "active call" screen.
    Most Mac users install "Missing Sync" to improve the whole HotSync experience.
    If you want the agenda view (the calendar view with the hybrid screen), just start the device with the calendar button and set the default view in the calendar program to the agenda view.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    1. I wish I knew! I've been wanting my home screen to be the calendar view too. I think the OP is refering to a "windows mobile" Today screen.
    I migth strongly suggest taking a look at 2Day by shsh software.

But if you want it to come up in the agenda view of the calendar, just set that as the starting calendar view (under the display prefs in the calendar app) and turn your phone on with your calendar button.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I migth strongly suggest taking a look at 2Day by shsh software.

But if you want it to come up in the agenda view of the calendar, just set that as the starting calendar view (under the display prefs in the calendar app) and turn your phone on with your calendar button.
    I tried 2Day but I like Palm's calendar app better. I just prefer a simple calendar. Good tip on using the calendar button when I turn on the phone!!! I never of that I instinctly hit the red button everytime.
    I quit using the power button to turn on the unit unless I wan't to continue something I was working on and simply timed out and locked the unit. About once a month or two I would receive a call at the same time I would hit the button to turn the phone on. Instant hangup. Doh!!!