1.    #1  
    It's the Me.Com "mobileMe" service Apple is introducing in WWDC as i write this post. It basically syncs your PIMS even email to the cloud where it also syncs to your iPhone, Mac Laptop (iCal, Contacts,etc.) or Microsoft Outlook...

Dang Palm give us something now!! You got beat to the punch by apple again (
  2.    #2  
    Well it's not free... $99/year

That's a relief. And i realized this has been present in .Mac in the past except for a couple more features.

The web 2.0 layout though was beautiful!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    What's the position regarding Homeland Security/MI5/Mossad/GRU etc access to this data? Given that various governments are restricting civil servant's access to Blackberrys and the like because of security fears, and my company competes with an American one...
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Meh.... I'm not too impressed with their mobileme effort. Take a step back and look at what they offer and what they don't. All they are doing is leveraging ActiveSync. Same thing I had back with my Treo 650 three years ago. They sync e-mail, contacts and calendar. No tasks, no memos. Same as the existing Treo's. The devil is in the details. Can they sync sent items? Folders? I'll bet they don't. Only Windows Mobile OS based devices do that (or a Blackberry). My bet is that it's really no better than what other ActiveSync licensees (Palm, Symbian) have been doing for the last several years.

They are doing other things with mobileme that Palm isn't. So I don't want to take all their thunder away. But it's just that, thunder. No lightning. You can get a free exchange account from mail2web. There are other exchange offers less than $99 a year out there.

It's all about the marketing.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    ...Can they sync sent items? Folders? I'll bet they don't. Only Windows Mobile OS based devices do that (or a Blackberry).
    IMAP is your friend
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Meh.... I'm not too impressed with their mobileme effort. Take a step back and look at what they offer and what they don't. All they are doing is leveraging ActiveSync. Same thing I had back with my Treo 650 three years ago. They sync e-mail, contacts and calendar. No tasks, no memos. Same as the existing Treo's. The devil is in the details. Can they sync sent items? Folders? I'll bet they don't. Only Windows Mobile OS based devices do that (or a Blackberry). My bet is that it's really no better than what other ActiveSync licensees (Palm, Symbian) have been doing for the last several years.

They are doing other things with mobileme that Palm isn't. So I don't want to take all their thunder away. But it's just that, thunder. No lightning. You can get a free exchange account from mail2web. There are other exchange offers less than $99 a year out there.

It's all about the marketing.

I hope Palm does it right and includes Tasks and Memos... I know they will include the whole suite.

And i hope that it's free! The basic PIMS at least. They may charge for like storage space or something.

There's still room for Palm to operate!!