1.    #1  
    Hello folks,

I'm having some weird issues migrating my custom ringers from my 650 to my 755P.

I created a bunch of ringers from WAV files using the old transfer a WAV over Bluetooth trick and the 650 converted and imported them into the ringtone list. I used them for everything from my ringtones to email and SMS alerts.

I thought it would be as simple as just syncing or sending the PDBs from the 650 to the 755P, but I've gotten mixed results. Some of them work just fine. But most of them either cut off rather quickly, or don't work at all.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

I've tried using the Bluetooth trick on the 755P, but there is an application that handles WAV files on there, so it opens them. The app has an option "save to ringtone" but that doesn't work.

This is a big pain in the ****. Combined with the seemingly random change to LED notification behavior (no flashing LED for Chatter to use ), these small issues are something I wish I'd known about ahead of time.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
  2.    #2  
    So of course I found some answers after posting this, and did my own experimentation. In my defense, most of the threads that had info that helped me didn't have anything about ringtones in the subject... like "you've got mail"

I think this thread had the most info that I worked off of:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=153174

After some tweaking, I think it has to do with:
    1. Stereo vs Mono
    2. Sample Rate

I used Audacity to take a mono WAV and convert it to stereo, and messed with the sample rate and it worked better. I also messed around with converting to an MP3 and using MiniTones.

Some mixed results, I don't have the optimal settings or procedures yet, but all in all not bad for a dupe thread.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum