1.    #1  
    The source of this guide was obtained from: http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/ I hope my version is a bit more clearer for you guys, since I know we're all not that computer savvy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reverse Bluetooth DUN will permit you to:

1. Have a really fast internet connection (feeding off your cable or DSL modem), allowing you to use internet-based software on your Treo 680 (or 650) you wouldn't otherwise have been able to use due to the slow data speeds of GPRS provided by ATT or T-Mobile.

2. Use VoIP software (Articulation) on your Treo 650 (or 680) without having a 15+ second lag between both parties and having a stable connection.

A couple of things you'll need to keep in mind before you do this. First of all, you'll need the following things to make this work;

1. Fast internet connection on your PC.
    2. A PC with either a USB Bluetooth dongle or integrated already into the motherboard.
    3. A Bluetooth enabled phone (I chose the Treo 680, obviously).
    4. PC Saviness or a friend whose knowledge is as versatile.
    5. Patience

The second thing to keep in mind while doing this is that this will only work if, and only if you have the Bluetooth enabled PC ON the whole time you are operating under the Bluetooth connection. Otherwise it will not work as the way this setup works is:

Internet -----> PC (With Bluetooth ON) -----> Treo 680 (or other).

It is relatively simple to set up, specially if you know a thing or two about your internet connection settings in your PC and already have Bluetooth running in it. It gets a tad more complicated if you have a router (that's probably the other 97% of you) but that's what I have and I make it work fine. Let us begin;

First of all, you have to make sure that the bluetooth dongle or integrated device can support DUN. If you can make a DUN connection between your treo and your PC to grant it internet access, then you'll be able to perform this. If you don't, buy a new Bluetooth dongle. I suggest the Motorola PC850 as that is the one I use and the one I guarantee you will work since it obviously works for me.

So where to begin...

ROUTER SETUP:

If you don't have a router, skip this step.

If you have a router, we will take care of that issue 1st. If you've never accessed your router, it might hinder you a bit since you'll have to play around with your settings, but hopefully you can manage through. To access your router you have to go to the router's default page in your web browser. Most routers are 192.168.0.1, however, if you try this and get nothing, do the following;

Go to Start, then to Run, in there type: cmd. Once you get a small black window with white text, type the following: "ipconfig" (no quotation marks).
    This will provide you with your IP information. Your "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection" is what you need to be looking for. 1st line it's the ISP's DNS (ignore that), 2nd is your "IP Address" which if you're using a router should look something like "192.168.x.x." (x;s represent other numbers). A small note, the "IP Address" you are reading is not your actual IP address, but rather a fake address your router sets up for you for both security and setup purposes for your router. So before you go about telling people what your IP address is (not that people do that), keep in mind the 192.168.... number is not what your IP address really is. Anyway, i digress.

Once you get this IP address, type it in your web browser's address bar and you should get a message asking you for the username and password. This part is tricky, because not all of us know this information and it varies a lot depending on the vendor of the router. For Linksys i don't remember having to put anything. You can try typing "Admin" in either the username field, or in the password field, or both. For Dlink i know you can type out "Admin" in the username and leave the password field blank and you're set. If all else fails, you can call your respective router company or read the manual. It should be somewhere there.

Once you get in, go to your setup area of the router's menu and find the "Router IP Address" under the LAN settings. In there you should already have the generic 192.168.x.x address filled in. You'll need to change that, since your Bluetooth dongle will take over the 192.162.0.1 address as internet connection sharing requires that address to work. So regardless of what address you have in there, you need to make sure to change it to anything BUT 192.168.0.1 because of the previous reasons I mentioned. Once you have changed this, you can save the settings and it'll reset your router and you should be up and running on your network like nothing happened. If you run the CMD and the IPCONFIG commands again, you'll see that your previous address has now been changed to the new one. Be sure to keep that address in mind (or at least how to determine it) next time you need to setup your router. Once you've done this, you're done dealing with your router.

BLUETOOTH SETUP

Whether you are new to Bluetooth or not, once installed you'll have the Bluetooth icon stuck on your tray like me or somewhere on your desktop, or even in your "My Computer" folder. Be sure that the Bluetooth device is ON, meaning the little icon doesn't have a red B on it, but rather it is white. Once you locate the icon, right click on it and go to your Bluetooth setup window (Or advanced configuration). At that point you'll see a "Bluetooth Configuration" window or some variant of it that shows you all of the things your Bluetooth device can do "If you have a tabbed version, go to the "Local Services" tab to get to see the options). These can be; Dial-Up Networking, File Transfer, Fax, Bluetooth Serial Port, Network Access, etc (Once you've hit the window that has all these options, you're in the right place).

Now you'll want to click on the "Network Access" option and go to it's Properties. Make sure the "Start Automatically" box is selected, and in the "Select the type of service to offer remote devices" pull down menu, you select "Allow other devices to access the Internet/LAN via this computer." Once done with that, hit "Configure Connection Sharing" at the bottom of the window and you'll be taken to your Network Connections window. Once there, right click on your Local Area Connection and go to Properties. Once in Properties, go to Advanced and under "Internet Connection Sharing" select the "Allow other network users to connect thorough this computer's Internet connection" box and the connection you'll want to select is your Bluetooth connection.

Once this is over, click OK and your connection will show a hand on it, showing it is being shared with your Bluetooth connection. This should then relay a message saying that your Bluetooth device can now act as a wireless router for Bluetooth devices (not only for your Palm Treo, but other Bluetooth enabled PDAs or Phones that don't have WiFi). Don't wait for a message to pop up to say this, instead try it out. Be sure to have your dongle in discovery mode so that other devices can detect it and make sure to pair them up. If you ever turn off your Bluetooth device, you'll also shut down your Bluetooth network, so keep in mind to not shut it down when you're using it. If you're worried someone might be able to access your PC or your internet via bluetooth, most of the time you'll get a warning on your desktop saying someone is trying to access your PC via the Bluetooth connection. Unless paired, they won't be able to access anything without your manual approval, so don't stress too much over this small factor. Besides, Bluetooth is not THAT long range for most people to worry about.

Now to test it!

PALM TREO 650 (or 680) SETUP

Go to your Preferences window, then to "Network." Under this window, open the menu and select "New." The service can be called "Bluetooth LAN" or whatever you want to call it. Under "Connections" go to the "Edit Connections.." menu. Once there, select "New..." and again, name it anything. "Connect to:" choose "Local network" and in "Via" select "Bluetooth." At this point "Tap to find" your PC with the open Bluetooth internet connection and pair them. Once done, hit "Done" and then you'll be sent back to the Network menu. Now when you select the "Connection" from the pull down menu, you'll have the newly created Bluetooth you've just configured with your PC (be sure to enable the "modify" option to go on, otherwise you'll sit there tapping wondering why nothing is happening). Once you're done with this, connect.

And there, you're set. You'll get a warning on your PC saying that your Treo is trying to connect to it's Bluetooth connection. Be sure to allow it and select the "Always allow" option it provides so you don't sit there waiting and wondering why you can't go online.

CONCLUSION

That is essentially the whole process for someone running Windows XP. If you're running an older version or maybe using an Apple laptop, please refer to the source webpage, as it may have more information for you regarding your respective operating system.

I hope this was helpful to you all, and that it actually works.

- Cerebrum
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    I've tried this on Vista with no luck.
    I think the sticking point is Vista not being able to find neither my 650 nor 680 on its list of devices that support a PAN (Personal Area Network)