1.    #1  
    Pros

*Sprint Customer service so far has been good.
    *Faster evdo data is great.
    *Sprint TV is a nice novelty.
    *$99 Simply Everything Plan is great.
    *No more device freeze ups when switching calls in call waiting.
    *So far not one forced soft reset in 5 days of use (knock on wood)
    *Back to the 650 style favorite’s interface is fine with me.
    *Number was ported within 2 hours
    *So Far very happy with the switch. (We'll see after I receive my first bill)

My over all feeling so far as a first time CDMA user, is that the Palm OS seems to work a little smoother with this service.

Cons
    *Got a fast busy when I tried to set up my voicemail for the first 10 hours after port (incoming calls worked fine with the ported number. Outgoing calls still showed the temporary number on the receivers caller ID).
    *Incoming callers were frustrated they could not leave a voicemail
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Why you switch in the first place?
  3.    #3  
    I wanted the faster data, and the $99 Simply Everything Plan. I also plan on adding the Sprint Mobile Broadband for times when free wifi is not available.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    enjoy that coverage... That company is going down the drain.. The CS division is gosh darn awful.. ATT has it's issues but Sprint??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I have had nothing but good experiences with Sprint for the last 9.5 years. I've had AT&T service with my work for years and I think the service coverage really stinks. I think you made a good move with both the Centro as well as Sprint.
    Last edited by fookie; 06/08/2008 at 06:26 PM.
    My Palm OS History: US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Handspring Visor Edge > Palm m505 > Handspring Treo 90 > Handspring Treo 300 > Handspring Treo 600 > PalmOne Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Centro 690

Other Phones: Sony Z100 > Motorola StarTAC ST7867W > Motorola TimePort P8767 > Sanyo SP6000 > Motorola v50 > Motorola v600 > Nokia 6102i > Blackberry 7290 > Blackberry 8700c
    It's all personal preference. I have had NO problems with AT&T.
    As far as "Soft Resets", the more 3rd party apps you install the more chance of resets. I don't care which carrier you have. I hope everyone knows resets are caused by 3rd party apps not the basic phone. Oh... by the way, I do have some 3rd party apps on my phone.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    I switched from sprint to att due to poor customer service. mu 2 cents.
    Welcome to Sprint...every company has it's issues. And as far as resets I have tried to keep my 3rd party apps to a minimum but, they are so nice to have.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I have Sprint SERO plan wioth the Centro and it simply ROCKS!!!! Coverage in FL is solid and the internet is blazin'
    Sprint coverage in my area of Florida is MUCH better than ATT/Cingular! Customer service with Sprint has been better than dealong with Cingular/ATT. Except for the recent extended battery misrepresentation on their site - I have been MUCH happier with Sprint and this Centro.

Interstingly a recent occurance put me in touch with CS and he rlayed that he had a Centro on AT&T and had issues with repeated resets, when he switched to the SPrint Centro ( same apps on the device) the resets stopped!

With what I went through on the GSM system - CDMA is tops all the way! Cheers!
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
  11.    #11  
    I have been with Tmobile, ATT, and now Sprint. CS has been about the same with them all. I have had a much smoother experience using Sprint (CDMA) with the Palm OS. The data speed is faster, and I am not having the reset issues or hang ups experienced with GSM service.

If the new Linux based Palm OS is compatible with GSM 3-G, then things might improve with the GSM carriers.