Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
  1.    #1  
    I see this is available, but wanted to know what the differences are, and bascially if and how I should load this. My phone is working great, and sometimes changes aren't necessarily good. What does it do differently and is it worth it or should I wait for any bugs to be worked out? Thanks
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I see this is available, but wanted to know what the differences are, and bascially if and how I should load this. My phone is working great, and sometimes changes aren't necessarily good. What does it do differently and is it worth it or should I wait for any bugs to be worked out? Thanks
    Thanks for your interest in TAKEphONE.

    I'll just say this is out of beta, and is as stable as I can think of.
    As for what it does - LOTS.

    I am - of course - biased (being the developer), so I will give a chance to others to respond.

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  3. #3  
    I've been using the betas leading up to this for quite some time now. It's very stable, and very cool. Well worth upgrading.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4. #4  
    Take the update; I've downloaded several beta updates in the past few weeks ( and used with no problems I might add), right from my phone and just today downloaded the 7.60 update. Just go into Options - Check for Updates and it will send you to the SHSH website on Blazer and tell you the current update for your phone. Just click it and choose to install to Device (not card) and it installs it. Takes 10 seconds.

    I LOVE TakephOne and have a bunch of skins and clock skins and have fun changing it around every month - for a fresh look.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  5. #5  
    Give it a go - you won't regret it. And while you're at it, try 2day and 4cast.

    I have all three and use them all of the time.

    Good Luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Give it a go - you won't regret it. And while you're at it, try 2day and 4cast.

    I have all three and use them all of the time.

    Good Luck.
    Oh yes, 4Cast is fantastic and indispensible. There is now a plug-in for the iBar screen on TakephOne for the 4Cast app, weather shows up right on your phone screen!!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  7. #7  
    "Take the update; I've downloaded several beta updates in the past few weeks ( and used with no problems I might add), right from my phone and just today downloaded the 7.60 update. Just go into Options - Check for Updates and it will send you to the SHSH website on Blazer and tell you the current update for your phone. Just click it and choose to install to Device (not card) and it installs it. Takes 10 seconds."

    I do not have the options - check for updates on my phone. I am using 7.55 and that is not listed under options. Anyone have any suggestions other than doing the traditional download and hotsync?
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post

    I do not have the options - check for updates on my phone. I am using 7.55 and that is not listed under options. Anyone have any suggestions other than doing the traditional download and hotsync?

    Go to this weblink and there is a place to put in your mobile email address. Do that and the .prc file will be emailed to you. Then just open the email on your treo and download and install the app that way: http://shsh.com/ (click on TakephOne along the left, then click on "Get Free Trial or Update", then scroll down to mobile email)
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  9. #9  
    I have to tell you that I love these programs too (Takephone, 2day and 4cast). But I am starting to question which should be my "main" screen when I turn on the phone. It used to be that I would use the calendar button to turn on the screen and go to 2day but now Takephone shows the same weather and the upcoming appointment. They are clearly not redundant, but I think may be starting to overlap. How does everyone else use these 3 programs together?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

    Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  10. #10  
    Just do it! Works great, we've all ready tested the Beta versions & they worked wonderful. No regrets, enjoy.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I have to tell you that I love these programs too (Takephone, 2day and 4cast). But I am starting to question which should be my "main" screen when I turn on the phone. It used to be that I would use the calendar button to turn on the screen and go to 2day but now Takephone shows the same weather and the upcoming appointment. They are clearly not redundant, but I think may be starting to overlap. How does everyone else use these 3 programs together?

    I understand - I now use the green phone button to turn on the Palm and I have it set up to go to the Find screen first, which shows my iBar, 4cast plus-in for weather and upcoming appts, and the lovely photo I have as the wallpaper.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  12. #12  
    To paraphrase another American staple -

    "Just do it"
  13. #13  
    dollface: how do you make the green button turn on the phone?
  14.    #14  
    I upgraded and working great. Just wanted to double check first, sometimes new version has a bug that makes it do something else. I'd rather wait if so.

    First, I want to thank Simon for jumping in with an immediate response. Yes, you are biased, but giving answers on your programs is why it works great. I had been using it, tried other launchers and love this one. I also am on trial of 4 cast, will soon buy.

    So, I do have a another question - how do I integrate 4Cast, like Dollface has done, in the main screen. I have message bar across top, last call with time/date, aphoto dial at bottom, Save, Find, Upcoming Events, then Dial by Photo's for faves.

    While I am asking questions, I might as well set it up right.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I upgraded and working great. Just wanted to double check first, sometimes new version has a bug that makes it do something else. I'd rather wait if so.

    First, I want to thank Simon for jumping in with an immediate response. Yes, you are biased, but giving answers on your programs is why it works great. I had been using it, tried other launchers and love this one. I also am on trial of 4 cast, will soon buy.

    So, I do have a another question - how do I integrate 4Cast, like Dollface has done, in the main screen. I have message bar across top, last call with time/date, aphoto dial at bottom, Save, Find, Upcoming Events, then Dial by Photo's for faves.

    While I am asking questions, I might as well set it up right.
    Hi,

    You need 4cast installed, of course. Then go to TAKEphONE "Plugins" preferences page and turn it on.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by egn View Post
    dollface: how do you make the green button turn on the phone?
    at least on my phone, if it is asleep and I press the green phone button, it wakes up and is on the TakephOne screen. Doesn't yours do that?
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    at least on my phone, if it is asleep and I press the green phone button, it wakes up and is on the TakephOne screen. Doesn't yours do that?
    Mine doesn't do that-680 T-Mobile
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post

    So, I do have a another question - how do I integrate 4Cast, like Dollface has done, in the main screen. I have message bar across top, last call with time/date, aphoto dial at bottom, Save, Find, Upcoming Events, then Dial by Photo's for faves.
    Like Shimon said, you have to buy and install 4Cast first, then go into TakephOne and go into the Options and on the top pull down box click Preferences - Plugins in "Find" screen and it will list all the plugins on your phone. Just go down to 4Cast and click it and it will highlight it (indicating it is turned on) You can choose to have it at the top of the screen (Up) and just above the iBar (Down). If you want to display the neat new clock, on that same Plugin page at the bottom where it says "when search is empty, show: checkmark where it says Clock; you can also download skins for the clock and choose them right there as well.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  19.    #19  
    Good directions, almost there. I have Weather up - YEAH. But it shows City (correct), -999 degrees (Wrong), Mostly Cloudy (correct), and 0 degrees.

    When I select it, it goes to weather screen which flips between something at 0 degrees, then goes to correct info.

    So, some small adjustment is needed, so close . . .

    Then, if it went to radar, that would be sweet - we boat and really need radar a lot, especially in Indiana which is has been overrun with tornadoes lately!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    Good directions, almost there. I have Weather up - YEAH. But it shows City (correct), -999 degrees (Wrong), Mostly Cloudy (correct), and 0 degrees.

    When I select it, it goes to weather screen which flips between something at 0 degrees, then goes to correct info.

    So, some small adjustment is needed, so close . . .

    Then, if it went to radar, that would be sweet - we boat and really need radar a lot, especially in Indiana which is has been overrun with tornadoes lately!
    You can set 4Cast to auto-update (which is what I do, every 3 hours) or you can update it yourself. At the top left is a red X and 2 little hugging arrows. Click on those arrows when you open up 4Cast and it will update the weather for the city you chose. Also be sure you have version 1.90 (build 016)
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions