Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I have done that, it just goes back and forth to two different temps for same city when I select, first 0 then actual. Home page is just picking up 0.

I am on trial, it isn't 1.90 but 1.80. Is that the problem? I want to be sure it is working correctly before I purchase and register.

P.S. Love your descriptions on arrows, couldn't have said it better myself!!
    I also give hand directions when on phone, I know that certainly helps the other party!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    at least on my phone, if it is asleep and I press the green phone button, it wakes up and is on the TakephOne screen. Doesn't yours do that?
    Nope. Green button does nothing when phone is asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post

I am on trial, it isn't 1.90 but 1.80. Is that the problem? I want to be sure it is working correctly before I purchase and register.

no, you need the 1.90 version, which corrected that problem. Apparently it uses a different weather server, or something. Maybe Shimon will come back on and settle what it did. Perhaps uninstall it and go to the shsh.com website and click on 4cast and you can download a trial of version 1.90 www.shsh.com
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Yahoo changed their reporting methods not too long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by egn View Post
    Nope. Green button does nothing when phone is asleep.

you know what, I'm still not used to the 755 phone button not being green (it was on the 650). what I meant is that if the phone is asleep, and I press the PHONE button (which is not green) it will wake up the phone and be on the TakephOne page.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  6.    #26  
    Dollface,
    Thanks for the note on version, I had downloaded 1.80 late May, update to 1.90 is June 1. Deleted old one rather than update, then reloaded.

Works pefect - will purchase program, does just what I wanted

Simon,
    Thanks for jumping in and helping, great support from you the developer here and on other applications.

P.S. Radar would be perfect for boaters like me for future updates!!!!!!!!
    you know what, I'm still not used to the 755 phone button not being green (it was on the 650). what I meant is that if the phone is asleep, and I press the PHONE button (which is not green) it will wake up the phone and be on the TakephOne page.
    cool, thanks for checking...I was getting a little button envy

Simon,
    Thanks for jumping in and helping, great support from you the developer here and on other applications.
    Psst, psst, it's Shimon. I'm really glad you got it to work, it is a very sweet program. Did you get it hooked up to TakephOne? Oh, and click on the Options in 4Cast, then click Maps - these are all Doppler Radar maps.
  9.    #29  
    Yes, I did. I really didn't think it was worth buying until I found out how to keep it on Home I bar page. And found radar, I am going to keep playing with it to see if I can get it down to closer range. It shows 600 miles, but have weather programs on computer than can zoom in. If I can get it to do this, it would be perfect!!! Helps when trying to outrun storms.

I tried the HTC Touch, the only thing I liked was the customized Home Page, hate WM, love simplicity of Palm, can see buttons and SO easy to use. I needed glasses and stylus for everything, not at all practical. Now my phone looks and functions great.

Thanks to everyone above for their help, why I like this forum.
    Yes, I did. I really didn't think it was worth buying until I found out how to keep it on Home I bar page. And found radar, I am going to keep playing with it to see if I can get it down to closer range. It shows 600 miles, but have weather programs on computer than can zoom in. If I can get it to do this, it would be perfect!!! Helps when trying to outrun storms.

I tried the HTC Touch, the only thing I liked was the customized Home Page, hate WM, love simplicity of Palm, can see buttons and SO easy to use. I needed glasses and stylus for everything, not at all practical. Now my phone looks and functions great.

Thanks to everyone above for their help, why I like this forum.
    Hi,

To use a custom map - when you see it on your desktop computer borwser, right-click it and select "Properties". Copy the URL to 4cast.
    Note - this can only work for JPG images.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    I'm having 3 problems with the new build.

The first one is:
    when I dial a number that is not in my contacts;
    Its still stays on the home search screen after the call has ended.
    Below the number dialed it asks me if I want to save or find.
    I want to take that off. I want it so that after I hangup nothing shows on the home screen except the date, weather and call log bars (and of course the cool big clock lol.) The same thing happens when i search through my contacts by typing the first few letters of my contact's name. the contacts still stay there if I don't make a call (* If i just wanted to look for an email or just read a number)...
    The only time that my search clears, is when I do place a call that shows up from my contacts.
    In my preference I have both remember last search and remember last category Unchecked. So I don't get why its still doing this.

I'm also having a problem doing conference calls.
    when I go and and put in a number the menu for conference pops up.
    when i tap conference nothing happens.
    Is that happening to anyone else?

another issues is when I have my callfilter enabled; in the the call log bar on the home page; If a contact that is being filtered it still shows up on the call log bar as call in progress, incoming call; and it shows the contact that is private and should be filtered filtered.
    Once the incoming call had ended (or the caller has hung up)
    the call Does not show up in the call log.

Last thing on a different app.

in 4Cast..
    is there a way for the weather update ; to update in a background mode with out having that pop up show up every time the weather is updating or refreshed.
    It would great if 4cast could be updated with out actually having to open and go in too the 4cast app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    I'm having 3 problems with the new build.

The first one is:
    I want to take that off. I want it so that after I hangup nothing shows on the home screen except the date, weather and call log bars (and of course the cool big clock lol.) The same thing happens when i search through my contacts by typing the first few letters of my contact's name. the contacts still stay there if I don't make a call (* If i just wanted to look for an email or just read a number)...
    The only time that my search clears, is when I do place a call that shows up from my contacts.
    In my preference I have both remember last search and remember last category Unchecked. So I don't get why its still doing this.

in 4Cast..
    is there a way for the weather update ; to update in a background mode with out having that pop up show up every time the weather is updating or refreshed.
    It would great if 4cast could be updated with out actually having to open and go in too the 4cast app.
    I can help with a few things here:

As for the pop asking to add the unknown caller to your Contacts, to STOP this, you need to go into the native Phone app on the treo, the one the comes on the phone and click Options - Phone Preferences and UNCHECK "Ask to add unknown phone numbers after calls".

The second thing with emptying the Search field on the Find screen after searching, the only way I have found to do it, is to just hit the BACK arrow that is below the "P" on the keyboard and it clears the search and brings back your clock. No biggie.

The 4cast does open to update, there is no way around that that I have found in the Options. I agree that it would be nice if it was truly a background update, operating like Pocket Tunes where you can do other things without it bothering you. I might be in the middle of reading a book or playing a game and the refresh screen opens to update 4Cast. Well, I just live with it, since I love the program and I like to automatically update the weather; I keep a plugin for 4Cast on my TakephOne screen. Maybe this can be a FIX for the next update??
    4Cast will not be able to update in the background without a complete rewrite of most of the program according to the author. It did not sound like he was interested in devoting that much time to it at this point in time when that energy could be directed at the other programs to increase there functionalities.

There unfortunately isn't an option in takephone to clear a manually dialed number. The abckspace is the only way. There was a reason for it but I find it distracting personally.
    I want to take that off. I want it so that after I hangup nothing shows on the home screen except the date, weather and call log bars (and of course the cool big clock lol.)

>>> This is on purpose. Many users complained that they just jotted down
    >>> a number, and it was lost cause they had to leave TAKEphONE and
    >>> return afterwards.
    >>> Press and HOLD the BkSp button to clear it.

>>> I can add an option to "forget manual numbers".

The same thing happens when i search through my contacts by typing the first few letters of my contact's name. the contacts still stay there if I don't make a call (* If i just wanted to look for an email or just read a number)...

>>> This should not happen, unless I dont understand your desciption...
    >>> Can you give me a step-by-step of how to recreate this ?

I'm also having a problem doing conference calls.
    when I go and and put in a number the menu for conference pops up.
    when i tap conference nothing happens.
    Is that happening to anyone else?

>>> What device are you using ?
    >>> I will try to recreate this.

another issues is when I have my callfilter enabled; in the the call log bar on the home page; If a contact that is being filtered it still shows up on the call log bar as call in progress, incoming call; and it shows the contact that is private and should be filtered filtered.
    Once the incoming call had ended (or the caller has hung up)
    the call Does not show up in the call log.

>>> By "filtered" do you mean it's masked as "Private" ?
    >>> On my Centro I get a warning that the call log will hold
    >>> the contact name "unmasked"...

in 4Cast..

>>> Afraid (as cavingjan mentioned) this is quite a project to add "real"
    >>> background operation for refreshes.
    >>> It would take quite some time, and debugging effort, and I am not
    >>> sure I have the bandwidth for this right now.
    >>> (being a 'one-man-operation'...).

Thanks for all your input !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post

The same thing happens when i search through my contacts by typing the first few letters of my contact's name. the contacts still stay there if I don't make a call (* If i just wanted to look for an email or just read a number)...

>>> This should not happen, unless I dont understand your desciption...
    >>> Can you give me a step-by-step of how to recreate this ?

!
    Shimon, this happens for me as well, if you are on the Find screen with the iBar, and type in the initals of a contact and it brings up the contacts with those initials - if you do not make a call right then, the contacts stay on the screen instead of after some time going back to the clock. I also have unchecked the options of "Save Search or Category". I told him to press the backspace arrow when he is done with the contacts and it erases them and puts the clock back on the screen.

I think unchecking the "Save last search or Save last category" options only works if you actually click on one of the contacts and make a call to them. Then when the call is over and it goes back to the Find screen, the search field is empty and the clock is there.
    I thought those settings only apply to leaving takephone (either making a call, texting, emailing, or leaving to go to another app or launcher) and coming abck into takephone. I was not aware that we were supposed to have a timer wipe out whatever search we were actively working on after a set period of time. I hope we don't have that feature. I would hate to turn my phone back on 10 minutes later to actually use the information I searched for prior to a meeting be wiped out while I was waiting until the correct time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I thought those settings only apply to leaving takephone (either making a call, texting, emailing, or leaving to go to another app or launcher) and coming abck into takephone. I was not aware that we were supposed to have a timer wipe out whatever search we were actively working on after a set period of time. I hope we don't have that feature. I would hate to turn my phone back on 10 minutes later to actually use the information I searched for prior to a meeting be wiped out while I was waiting until the correct time.

No, I think you're safe. The way it is set up the search findings stay there unless you have those boxes unchecked to save them - when leaving the phone app and coming back. What I was talking about, and I believe the OP also, is if you don't leave the phone app, the search findings stay there; and I found out by trial and error that hitting the backspace arrow clears the search findings and puts the clock back.
    Hi,

There is no such timer.
    The options mentioned are indeed meant for when leaving the app and returning.
    To clear the search you can press & HOLD the BkSp button.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    I can help with a few things here:

As for the pop asking to add the unknown caller to your Contacts, to STOP this, you need to go into the native Phone app on the treo, the one the comes on the phone and click Options - Phone Preferences and UNCHECK "Ask to add unknown phone numbers after calls".

The second thing with emptying the Search field on the Find screen after searching, the only way I have found to do it, is to just hit the BACK arrow that is below the "P" on the keyboard and it clears the search and brings back your clock. No biggie.

The 4cast does open to update, there is no way around that that I have found in the Options. I agree that it would be nice if it was truly a background update, operating like Pocket Tunes where you can do other things without it bothering you. I might be in the middle of reading a book or playing a game and the refresh screen opens to update 4Cast. Well, I just live with it, since I love the program and I like to automatically update the weather; I keep a plugin for 4Cast on my TakephOne screen. Maybe this can be a FIX for the next update??

Thanks for the help & answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    4Cast will not be able to update in the background without a complete rewrite of most of the program according to the author. It did not sound like he was interested in devoting that much time to it at this point in time when that energy could be directed at the other programs to increase there functionalities.

There unfortunately isn't an option in takephone to clear a manually dialed number. The abckspace is the only way. There was a reason for it but I find it distracting personally.

That really sucks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast