Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    So here's the problem: my wife does not like the fact that whenever she turns the radio on/off, the AT&T splash screen shows up and makes that chirp noise; she would like to disable the chirp. I told her one way to do it was to switch the mute switch, but she does not want to do that and asks me if there is a way to disable the chirp at all.

I did not find anything elsewere to disable that chirp. I found though old ways to possibly switch the splash screen image with a custom one; I did that with my 600 back in the day. Anybody has a pointer here? An app that helps kill that splash screen with accompanying noise? A hack maybe?
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    In the Prefs app, I have Phone: Tones: Service Tone = Off and General: System Volume = Off, and I don't hear any tone when turning the radio on or off.

I believe there is a way to change the splash screen image, but *something* will need to be displayed during the few seconds you are waiting for the network connection setup or teardown. Search the forums for "splash screen."
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    I have a Sprint Centro and I also have the system sounds off. I don't get the Sprint ring up/down when turning the phone off an on so in conjunction with what the previous poster said, I would guess that is the setting you want.
    When I flipped the "mute" switch and then turned off the phone radio, the spalsh screen showed up, but no sound came through - which was nice because I had to do that while in a court room yesterday!

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    It would be nice to not have to disable any other sounds though. To be honest, I'm surprised more people haven't complained about the godawful "Ding-ding-a-ling!" sound....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)