Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I bought the same exact extended battery, and I'm experiencing the same issues. Tried everything you had as well...
  2. elf
    Well I just sent the battery (and the replacement) back for refund. It just isnt recognized in any way as an extended battery. It's a shame because the battery did seem to last a long time, and I really liked the back cover the way it came up on the sides at an angle - it made it easy to carry in my pocket and be able to get it out without it getting stuck.
    I guess I have to assume these particular batteries don't work right at all.

Does anyone use a working (recognized by the centro properly) extended battery? If so, what kind, where did you get it, and how much was it?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I think sedio now has one out?
  4. elf
    My goodness.. seidio is shipping again! I placed my order just now. Hopefully this is the solution!
  5. elf
    well I got my seidio battery today. plugged it in and guess what?
    right off the bat, battery.prc jumped its estimated mAh up to close to 2400.
    I guess this confirms the problem with the "other" extended batteries.
    My past seidio batteries for my 650 worked well.

As for how I like it? my biggest complaint to seidio about this design is the replacement cover. its kinda loose compared to the others, doesnt match the rest of the phone (not shiny black with subtle sparkles, but rather a flat matte black) and slightly rubberized for grip. I can see the point about wanting better grip, but in my opinion its not enough extra grip to make any difference when holding it (it can feel slippery), and yet against fabric (my pocket), it likes to stick and offer resistance. In reality, the grip purpose is totally defeated while it also causes additional difficulty. That combined with the loose fitting cover makes me wonder how long till i reach into my pocket and pull the phone out, minus the battery and cover which will grip on the pocket and come right out. The cover also doesnt offer a smooth transition at the top, sloping towards the centro body as the others did. Again- this will only aggravate the problem of it catching in pockets.

The battery itself, seems to be working so far after it's first charge at an estimated 2400 mAh (via battery.prc). the battery instructions mention that it will settle at full capacity after 5-6 charges (I assume they mean the 2600mAh it is rated at).

Looks like the battery will be a winner. The cover, not so. I wonder if I can purchase one of the other covers without the non-working battery, and if it will fit this battery.

I'll post an update on my experiences after a while, or after I get frustrated enough with the cover.. whichever comes first.
    Tks for the update elf.

BTW: I love your Christmas movie. We watch it every Christmas Eve.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thanks for some very useful updates Elf - you've been remarkably patient throughout... kudos!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    any updates?
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
  9. elf
    update by popular demand (since San Jose is my home. it would be funny if you're the guy down the street with all the ham equipment on your car and house) -

seidio battery - still only showing as 2357mAh under battery.prc. It has only had 2 deep discharges though (till shutoff) if that makes a difference? Am I concerned? well, not terribly... This battery seems to be lasting 3-6 days at a time (with my usage) before I even think about plugging it in. whether it straightens out and gives me a little more after a few charges or not, I'm still satisfied with the battery.
    Right now, Power Hero shows 35% remaining. Its been running 3 days since the last charge, and it is estimating almost another 2 days of usage at this rate.

battery cover - yep. i was right, this is a looser of a cover. a little too loose - it has slid off slightly several times now when going to get it out of my pocket. Not all the way- but enough to "unlock" the cover so that I would have to snap it back in place..Maybe it was a bad cover, or maybe they are all like this, i don't know. I wish it were like the other cover that came with the non-working extended battery.

Thank you for the comments and encouragement. I put a lot of time in writing up all of this over the past couple months in the hopes that it would be useful to others in my situation, and its nice to hear that it is appreciated
  10. elf
    After this last update, I figured I'd ask Seidio tech support about the 2 issues (not showing full capacity, and battery door not locking on very tight. They said neither should be the case and advised me to set up for a replacement. I called them about that and they said I would receive an email in the next couple days with RMA number and instructions, that I should then send the battery and cover back and they will then send me a new one.
    I guess I'll give it a try..couldn't hurt I suppose.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Yea Elf...This is whats stopping me from buying one...I don't want to get it and then be stuck with a Lemon...I have a contact at a local sprint store who hooked me up with about 4 Spare batteries but I just get tired carrying them around all day. I got my Sling Box in today and ready to set it up and I know thats going to be a drainer on the battery life..I'm shooting you a pm here in a few mins if you can check that also..

Thanks
    Brian
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
  12. elf
    Sorry Brian, I got your pm but the system won't let me reply. some nonsense about how I need to have 15 posts on the board before i can send them, and that I only have 11.

Thank you TreoCentral.
    Fedex tells me that my Seidio Centro Extended battery has arrived today. I'll report on how it does by next week.

Currently, with my usage patterns, my stock battery is normally down to 15% by the time I go to bed each night...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Day 1 + 1 on Seidio extended battery Report:

Well, even on its first charge, I was able to go all weekend without recharging, which is something I could never ever do with the stock battery. I watched four hours of video with TCPMP during this weekend too.

First real test is today, a normal work-day.

The cover fits my centro just fine - it isn't nearly as unGodly tight as the stock cover, but it isn't loose at all.

The rubberized coating has a small "pimple" that my fingers always seem to find, but it isn't really a big issue.

More reports forthcoming...

-Warr
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Can someone please upload a pic of the cover actually ON the phone? I'd just really like to get a visual here.
    Day 2:

Normal use drained the new battery down to only 65% during a normal workday, which would normally have brought the standard battery down to 20% or so, if not less.

Today is day 3, and it is now noon, and I used Kinoma to stream an hour-long podcast, spoke bout about 25 minutes on the phone, and have Chatter getting my busy email box in the background, and the new battery is down to 75%, which i consider outstanding.

Playing movies with TCPMP seems to drain the new battery about 10% an hour.

So far, so good.

-Warr
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ok, I need an extended battery, and the assorted threads I've found online are just confusing me further. I started a new thread with some very specific Qs - can somebody help me out? I'm drowning in aH hours and thoroughly confused.... Tx in advance!
    mAh is milli-Amp hours. Rating of battery capacity. A Centro 1150mAh battery would give you 115 hours of standby time on the approximate normal 10 mA standby current draw.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst View Post
    Day 2:
    Today is day 3, and it is now noon, and I used Kinoma to stream an hour-long podcast, spoke bout about 25 minutes on the phone, and have Chatter getting my busy email box in the background, and the new battery is down to 75%, which i consider outstanding.

Playing movies with TCPMP seems to drain the new battery about 10% an hour.

So far, so good.

-Warr
    I wrapped up Day 3 (yesterday) by watching most of yesterday's Debate on streaming video with Kinoma, had about 1 hour on the phone while using bluetooth, and of course, plenty of web surfing and email checking.

The extended battery was down to 40% when I recharged it before going to bed.

So, far, I would consider the new battery outstanding.

With the OEM battery, I would be constantly wondering if the thing I was doing (playing a game for a long time, watching videos, doing streaming stuff) would affect my ability to get through the day. Recharging in the car for the drive home was an option for those days when I was driving home, but that's just not possible when I'm traveling on business or on vacation.

With the new battery, I now feel I don't need to fear doing anything on my centro, at least in terms of power use and battery life.

The hump-back battery door is a little unergonomic, but it is basically un-noticeable on a dark-blue Verizon centro or black Sprint model, and it fits within the Seidio spring holster just great.

I've had products of varying quality from Seidio in the past, and even in the present, but the centro extended battery and door are winners in my book.

-Warr
    The hump does add to the grip factor on the phone - it really fits well in the palm on both the Centro and 800W (I have the large extended batteries in both).
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast