1.    #1  
    Hi guys. I wanted to let everyone know that there is a plan that exists out there to give you unlimited data for $20/month. I have it! I bought my 755p about two weeks ago. When I activated it, I asked the rep to check and see if she could add the new unlimited web browsing and email plan for smartphones (terrible name, i know). Of course she had never even hear of such a thing. She seemed like kind of a newbie. I had to point her to the press release on their website. Anyway, I explained that the press release said this plan was only for XV6800, SMT5800? and Moto Q9m but they would be adding phones to that list. I simply wanted her to check to see if the 755p was now on that list. She looked around a bit and was able to find this smartphone unlimited data plan for $20. So she added that as a feature to my account and I have an updated feature letter from VZW confirming it. Now I do have a corporate account, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But I thought I should put it out there so people can ask for it.
    PDA: Clie TH-55 -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> HTC XV6800 -> Treo 755p
    Cell: Qualcomm Thin Phone -> LG TM510 -> Audiovox CDM9500 -> Moto v710
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Any plan number?
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Any plan number?
    Don't you love the upgrade on TakephOne? I see your avatar photo is from there, I love the clock feature.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    You are lucky to get that on the 755. In any case, the plan is $29.99, not $20.
    I'm amazed you got that plan. I have it too, but I haven't heard anyone get it in a long time. There was a thread, probably about a year and a half ago or so that talked about this plan. A bunch of people got in on it and then all of a sudden, Verizon caught on and everyone got blocked out of it. It was $20 for unlimited data and 800 SMS/MMS messages per month. I love it. The funny thing is that I've been considering going to some newer Verizon phones but the simple fact is that I will double my data bill if I switch off of my 700P! ;-) So I've waited until I see a device that I think is actually worth the extra monthly charges. So far, none of them are.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Don't you love the upgrade on TakephOne? I see your avatar photo is from there, I love the clock feature.
    Yes I do love it!!!!! It has almost replaced treolauncher!!!

^SteveNYC what is the code to tell vzw for the $20.00 plan? It should state on your bill or online profile. That sure would help.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by stickygreen95 View Post
    Hi guys. I wanted to let everyone know that there is a plan that exists out there to give you unlimited data for $20/month. I have it! I bought my 755p about two weeks ago. When I activated it, I asked the rep to check and see if she could add the new unlimited web browsing and email plan for smartphones (terrible name, i know). Of course she had never even hear of such a thing. She seemed like kind of a newbie. I had to point her to the press release on their website. Anyway, I explained that the press release said this plan was only for XV6800, SMT5800? and Moto Q9m but they would be adding phones to that list. I simply wanted her to check to see if the 755p was now on that list. She looked around a bit and was able to find this smartphone unlimited data plan for $20. So she added that as a feature to my account and I have an updated feature letter from VZW confirming it. Now I do have a corporate account, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But I thought I should put it out there so people can ask for it.
    I just called VZN and got tossed around to a few reps. They can not find any plan other than the standard $44 per month unlimited data plan. Do you have a code or something else that we could use when calling them? They said there is a $29 blackberry plan but it does not include the Treo's. Please help, I am sick of getting raked over the coals by VZN.

Thanks.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad

In what way do you use it as a launcher? Via the i-Bar?

Tx.

BB
  9.    #9  

^SteveNYC what is the code to tell vzw for the $20.00 plan? It should state on your bill or online profile. That sure would help.
    Where exactly would this code be on my online profile? I have no idea where to look.
  10.    #10  
    OK, I looked all over "My Account" today and I don't see any code to describe this plan. I received a letter in the mail with my added features. One was WPP Insurance for $4.99/mo. The other one is UNLIMTED PDA/SMARTPHONE for $20/mo. I don't know if it includes any txt/pix messages. Doesn't matter for me since I have America's Choice Select.
    Thanks for trying. I called VZN twice today after I found the press release talking about the $29.99 unlimited data plan. It mentions 2 VZN branded phones and the Moto Q. They told me it does not include the Treo but the blackberry is included. I think I will keep trying until someone says ok.

It seems like VZN is clinging on to ripping us all off as long as they can. Hopefully, soon cell service will be more of a commodity and they will not be able to take advantage of us. I am seriously considering jumping ship to Sprint when my contract is up. I know they have horrible customer service but they get the new phones first and from what I hear the data plans are cheaper. Even, ATT has better phones now. VZN better wake up....
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad

I just checked... unfortunately, no code is listed. The voice plan has a code listed, but that's just a standard $39.95 400 minute voice plan "0504".

In fact, the entire left side of my bill, which is labeled "Your Calling Plan" says the following:

--------------

America's Choice 400 Anytime $39.99 1y 0504
    $39.99 monthly access charge
    400 monthly general allowance minutes
    $.45 per minute after allowance

Unl MB 800txt/100pix $20
    $20.00 monthly access charge
    Unlimited monthly kilobyte

19% Access discount

Unlimited N&W Minutes

Unl MB 800txt/100pix $20
    $20.00 monthly access charge
    100 monthly PIX-FLIX allowance
    800 monthly TXT Message allowance
    $.25 per PIX-FLIX after allowance
    $.10 per message after allowance

NATL IN Calling-Unlim
    Unlimited monthly IN Calling minutes

--------------
    Don't ask me why it lists it twice, as I only get charged for it once. But that's it. That's all that's listed.

As for the 19% discount I get, it is not applied to the data plan (that would have been icing on the cake).

I will say this... any of the verizon reps I know (I deal with them a lot at work though they had nothing to do with me getting this plan) look at my plan and scratch their heads. They have no idea how I got it. I always ask them because I want to move this plan to other phones, but they always tell me the same thing... if you so much as touch that plan, you'll loose the $20 data plan. So for that reason, I don't do anything... Sometimes it's just better to leave well enough alone.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    stevenyc, thanks for the info. I think you got grandfathered into the plan. I have tried numerous times to find that price point online or with a rep in store and over the phone and they say I don't qualify. My plan is associated with the best plane manufacturer in the world and we get great discounts, but i have to pay full retail on 2 treos with data, and 5 dumb phones with web. That's the way the dice roll sometimes. I do save 20 percent on everything, but it would be great to cut the data in half. I guess I save using pdanet though. :grin:

Thanks again for your effort.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    I left VZW last year for Sprint for one reason: data.
    Well, that and SERO.
    That said, I have been a very happy Sprint sub.
    Never looked back.
  15.    #15  
    OK, I called and told the rep that a friend of mine wanted the same data plan as me. She said the plan I'm on is not supposed to be available to new customers. You can only get it if you were granfathered in. Crap! I was hoping this was something new they were going to be rolling out to everyone. Not just a fluke. Sorry guys.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    thatnks for the update stickywicky,

We will keep our fingers crossed.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Unl MB 800txt/100pix $20

I had this plan on my 650. When I switched to the 755P they promised I could keep the same promotion. Sadly, it was lost, and I cannot get it back. This thread gives me hope. Maybe I'll try again.