1.    #1  
    I was wondering if their is a program that will let your laptop use you Palm's connection to get to the internet? That way you don't always have to find a wifi spot or pay a lot more for the laptop wireless internet.

I'm going to look around but if you know of any that are your favorites let me know.
    PDANet does just that, but on the 650 it will be slow. Definitely turn off Load Images in Internet Explorer.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  3.    #3  
    I have been testing out PDAnet and it seems to work easy and works pretty good. Downloading programs and songs are about as fast as the phone would go. I have also seen a program called USB Modem, but I have tired it but can't get it to work. So I don't know if it is any quicker. It seems to be more confusion which makes PDAnet a lot better since it is easy to install to go. I would most likely be using a wifi for internet, but it is nice to have that option to get the internet where wifi isn't close by.

Has anyone else used the USB Modem program for palm and how does it work compared to PDAnet? So far PDAnet seems to be the best.
    I used to use PDANet all the time when I was at my rural cottage or at a hotel w/o internet access. It's indeed a lifesaver. Don't abuse it though, your carrier may hit you with useage charges.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
  5.    #5  
    I've got the unlimited internet on my phone so I don't have to worry about how much I use it.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. You're violating contract when using PDANet, thus they sometimes like to pounce on you. Never happened to me, but has happened to others.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
  7.    #7  
    Oh really, I'll have to look into that.
  8.    #8  
    Has anyone used USB Modem on their Palm with Windows XP?
    I got usb modem and it's running on my xp machine with internet through alltel !!

down load speed run in the 15 to 16kb range and i can also send out fax but no rec of faxes
    did not seam all that hard to install but iam a computer tech
    install one driver on the windows xp and then run the software on the treo when you want internet

john
    I've had pdanet for 2 years but didnt have the need to use it much.. so I let my buddy download and logon using my pw on his phone. he used it for a 12 hour drive to college with his daughter on his treo on another carrier and they loved it too

Leve images off on explorer browser and it is then a bitter faster than 56 k dial up... but hey great deal for the price...
  11.    #11  
    I tested it for a little bit, but on the At&t service it was slow. about 7kbps most of the time with the every now and then spike up to 20kbps.
    Mcconnell,
    I just installed usb modem on phone and computer. In the setup, what's all this about phone number and password, etc. I am on Sprint.
    Thanks
    that your log in info! You have to dig up ! on alltel the dial up number is #777 then user name is (your phone number+@alltel.com) so on sprint i dont know I alltel and dont have a clue about sprint but i would search this board for some of it or you could call sprint
    john
    I don't understand the question... I use my 650 to surf on my laptop occasionally, and this is thru bluetooth DUN. Is this what you're asking about?