Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Ouch.

I guess its time to send snappermail a bug report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    ............While in my i-Bar screen, how can I quickly access the 2nd page of that screen? Currently, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom in order to go to the 2nd page (which is 6 presses of my 5-way Nav). Is there a simpler way of doing this? If not, can I make this a request? (hint, hint Shimon.)
    Pssssst, Shimon........

Do you think you'd be able to implement this?

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post

Pssssst, Shimon........

Do you think you'd be able to implement this?
    Hi,

How would you suggest this will be done ?

(option+down ?)
    (another Alt press ?)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Whichever is the easiest for you is fine with me Shimon! I'm just happy to be able to easily access my 2nd page.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Oh wait........... I changed my mind....... if it's not too late........
    While in the full page i-Bar, it would be the easiest to just use the Alt key to access the 2nd page.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Just brainstorming here ...
    How about moving the focus to start on the bottom center icon when you first open the i-bar fullscreen. Then, all you'd need to do is press "down" on the 5-way to access the 2nd screen of shortcuts. That would seem to be more natural way of doing it, than option, alt, or some combination thereof, imho. Basically, you'd be putting the focus/cursor as close as possible to the "middle" position between the two i-bar screens, so you could access both from that point.

(A drawback to this, of course, would be it might seem counterintuitive to "jump" from what would be the top center icon (in the find screen), to the bottom center icon in the i-bar fullscreen view).

Shimon, as I see it, it all comes down to how people are used to interacting with the ibar & ibar screen. Some use the 5-way exclusively with the i-bar screen, others the touch screen, still others use a combo of both. I'm not sure how you're going to be able to implement this without somebody complaining ... but if there is a way, I'm sure you'll find it

Good luck!

Marc
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Please don't start us at the bottom. Unless you reverse what is shown at the bottom of the screen with only a 5 element ibar. You organize your ibar by most frequently called people and work down. I don't want it starting in the bottom with the less frequently called folks.
    I am one of those folks who rarely touch the screen.
    long down press=skip to second page?

what about 2 quick down presses to acces second page?

how about a nice animation of that too :P
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    long down press=skip to second page?

what about 2 quick down presses to acces second page?

how about a nice animation of that too :P
    Long down press (or press and hold down) would work. 2 quick down presses might not work, because I may still need to access other contacts on that 1st page. As for the animation......... a smiley face would do nicely, LOL!

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    jaja

animated ibar pages moving not smiley faces!

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    jaja

animated ibar pages moving not smiley faces!

:P
    Oh.......... party pooper..........

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    What about using the 'space bar' to flip pages on the iBar screen and the Speed Dial screen.
    Hi all,

SPACE bar - has another function on the speed-dial screen (opens the contact other fields) same goes for the i-Bar - it selects a highlighted i-Bar entry (and pops up the contact other numbers if the entry has "Prompt...").

Regarding animation - I will add it if/when I add animation to all TAKEphONE page swaps (dont jump - dont know when/if I will have the time for this).

Other than that - I am considering ALT (if ALT option is selected in "i-Bar" prefs page), Option+Up/Down (or long Up/Down), and open to other suggestions.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi all,

Regarding animation - I will add it if/when I add animation to all TAKEphONE page swaps (dont jump - dont know when/if I will have the time for this).

What were you thinking of exactly?

An upwards animation like the built in phone app would be nice. Less clunky looking though.

As far as animations while switching tabs, what do you have planned? I use skinUI and disabled the animations it does for takephone when switching tabs cause it slowed things down to much.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'm sure they would be, but please make animation optional. No offense to anybody, but I want to use my phone, not watch it! It's slow enough already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I'm sure they would be, but please make animation optional. No offense to anybody, but I want to use my phone, not watch it! It's slow enough already.
    same thought here.
    Hi,

Of course it will be optional.
    Thought about fading in/out and/or sliding screens.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

Of course it will be optional.
    Thought about fading in/out and/or sliding screens.
    I always turn-off animation on apps that have it. One that I can think of is Docs-to-go.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    animation is cool to show to your buddies but then it's annoying. I want the fastest ui possible.

Thanks for making it optional!!!
    I use both Versamail (Exchange Activesync) and Chatter (IMAP). I have Versamail set in my Palm preferences as the default application for email. I also have Versamail set as the "helper" app for email in Takephone. However, when I try to initiate a new email from within TakePhone by clicking on a contact's email address it always opens up a new message addressed to that contact in Chatter rather than Versamail. Am I doing something wrong here? How can I get it to compose the new message in Versamail (other than starting in Versa rather than TakePhone)? Using TakePhone version 7.60 on a Treo 755p. Thanks.