Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shimon,

I found a work around the solves the issue. I set the 5-way to change through the tabs. All is good.

Thanks,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    it is checked but it does not scroll through the TP screens.

if i highlight a number in the call log and press the green button it places the call.

using 7.6 bld 015
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    Shimon,

I found a work around the solves the issue. I set the 5-way to change through the tabs. All is good.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Great.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    The full screen i-bar doesn't work for me. Pressing alt brings up the dialpad. Is something wrong or is it just because I use my i-bar for speed dial? (I have pics of my contacts as icons, not apps). I have 7.60 build 001.
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    The full screen i-bar doesn't work for me. Pressing alt brings up the dialpad. Is something wrong or is it just because I use my i-bar for speed dial? (I have pics of my contacts as icons, not apps). I have 7.60 build 001.
    Go to "Preference", then "i-Bar", and at the very bottom you'll see:
    Full screen: Alt, 5-way, Redial

If you choose Alt, then using the Alt-key will bring up the full i-Bar.

Or, instead of using Alt, you could set the order of how the "Phone button" works by going to "Preference", then "Using the 'Phone' button" and choosing the order of how TAKEphONE loops through.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Okay, while I still am learning all the customizability (is that a word?) of TAKEphONE, I now consider myself generally more than a novice. However, I have a couple of issues, that I a) didn't know whether they were just unique to me; or b) whether they had solutions. So here they are. First of all, I noticed that everytime I hang up from a phone call, I only have a short period of time before the screen turns completely off. This, despite having an AutoOff extended on. Is there a control for this in the menu that I am missing. Its very annoying. Sometimes I go to make a second call and then have to turn the device back on, unlock the keyguard, and then call again.

Second, I noticed that if I get voicemail, that often (despite answering and deleting said voicemail) the voicemail indicator still shows up in TAKEphONE. I will click on "just turn off," but when I go out of the TAKEphONE app and later come back in, the flashing nag indicator for a voice mail is once again blinking. The only way I found to stop it, is to go into the menu and then come out again. Not sure why this works.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Stu
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 08/19/2008 at 04:02 PM.
    All for One and One for All!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Second, I noticed that if I get voicemail, that often (despite answering and deleting said voicemail) the voicemail indicator still shows up in TAKEphONE. I will click on "just turn off," but when I go out of the TAKEphONE app and later come back in, the flashing nag indicator for a voice mail is once again blinking. The only way I found to stop it, is to go into the menu and then come out again. Not sure why this works.
    I get this occasionally if I delete a voicemail and immediately hang up. It's not just TakePhone, the default app does it too. Now I wait a second or two to hear the acknowledgement that the message has been deleted, and I rarely get the phantom indicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Go to "Preference", then "i-Bar", and at the very bottom you'll see:
    Full screen: Alt, 5-way, Redial

If you choose Alt, then using the Alt-key will bring up the full i-Bar.

Or, instead of using Alt, you could set the order of how the "Phone button" works by going to "Preference", then "Using the 'Phone' button" and choosing the order of how TAKEphONE loops through.
    when I go to the "i-Bar" section of preferences I don't get those options all I get are the list of shortcuts and at the bottom I get:

"edit", "move up""move down" "help" "ok" "close" buttons.

Am I not looking at the right screen.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truspark View Post
    when I go to the "i-Bar" section of preferences I don't get those options all I get are the list of shortcuts and at the bottom I get:

I think you need to update to the latest version of Takephone. The latest beta is 7.60 build (015). In the drop down menu, go to Options and then Check For Updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by truspark View Post

Same here! I am going to update and see what happens.
    I updated to build 015 and now I have a full screen i-bar! Thanks for the help!!
    Sure has been quiet around here.........

I've been trying to figure this out, and either I don't have some settings correct, or maybe it's not an option..........

When I first hit my Phone button, my first screen is "Find", then another press of the Phone button takes me to my full i-Bar screen.

While in my i-Bar screen, how can I quickly access the 2nd page of that screen? Currently, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom in order to go to the 2nd page (which is 6 presses of my 5-way Nav). Is there a simpler way of doing this? If not, can I make this a request? (hint, hint Shimon.)

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Sure has been quiet around here.........

While in my i-Bar screen, how can I quickly access the 2nd page of that screen?
    I agree Del, very quiet on all 2day, 4cast and TakephOne threads. Hope all is well with everyone.

I don't have the problem you have with iBar because I don't have that many peeps to put on iBar. But I'm sure you're a lot more popular than me so you probably need multiple screens.

Anyway, I'm sure it won't be long before Shimon hits us with a barrage of updates, upgrades, improvements and bells and whistles.

Good Luck to all.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I'm assuming that all is quiet on all threads because everyone is very content with all of Shimon's apps.

I just recently got more popular, LOL, and therefore have now needed the 2nd i-Bar page.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Hi,

After upgrading to 7.6, when I try to open a record from TakePhone I get the following message in a KeySuite window:

"this folder (v. 1) is only compatible with KeyContacts version(s) *Invalid*."

Is anyone else seeing this? Prior to 7.6 I was able to open my KeyContacts records.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
    I'm assuming that all is quiet on all threads because everyone is very content with all of Shimon's apps.

I think so.

I have a question about snappermail and takephone. Ive set snapper as the default email app in the Treo prefs secion and also set snapper to email in the Takephone prefs helpers section but I get no unread emails in takephone. It always stays at zero. If I tap the email icon in takephone it takes me to snappermail though.

This happen to anyone else?
    Yep, I get the same thing OLD_HATCH. But it works fine in 2Day.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Yep, I get the same thing OLD_HATCH. But it works fine in 2Day.
    Same here.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Has anyone asked Shimon as t why this is and if there can be a fix?

Since 2day can see unread emails so should takephone.......right?

I also dont see snapper as the default email app in the agenda view of the calender either. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Has anyone asked Shimon as t why this is and if there can be a fix?
    Since 2day can see unread emails so should takephone.......right?
    I thought it had been mentioned to Shimon, but I can't remember what his response was. I haven't seen him around here lately....... must be busy with other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I also dont see snapper as the default email app in the agenda view of the calender either. Anyone else?
    Do you mean in 2day? In Preference, then Monitoring, you can set the default email to Snapper.

However, I can easily access my Snapper email because I have an icon at the bottom of 2day set for Snapper, or I can use the "Option+Messaging(Envelope)" button.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Hi all,

It seems Snapper does not support the Palm OS interface required for TAKEphONE (and the built-in PHONE app) to monitor unread emails.

2day handles this in a difference approach - actually reading the snapper database and polling it for new messages.
    Afraid I am not sure I can allocate the time to move all that code into TAKEphONE - will also bloat it considerably (supporting all the other apps, too).
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com