Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone here has had success pairing their Treo with an A2DP stereo, where you can play your pTunes on your car stereo essentially.

I have a 700p with no update. I just did a hard reset 2 weekends ago (my first one in 15 months) so my SP1 update is gone. Do I need to get the update to get A2DP bluetooth or not?

All I want to do is be able to get in my car, download a podcast, and then listen to it on my car stereo. This technology seems like a pretty easy way if it works.
    an adjunct question to sub150's-

are we able to listen to internet radio/ptune/or anything audio via a BT headset on 700p? do i need special headsets? is there such a thing?
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here has had success pairing their Treo with an A2DP stereo, where you can play your pTunes on your car stereo essentially.

I have a 700p with no update. I just did a hard reset 2 weekends ago (my first one in 15 months) so my SP1 update is gone. Do I need to get the update to get A2DP bluetooth or not?

All I want to do is be able to get in my car, download a podcast, and then listen to it on my car stereo. This technology seems like a pretty easy way if it works.
    If you've updated your phone with the Maintenance Release (MR) then your firmware will always remain updated, hard reset or no hard reset. It's not like Windows.

As for the music. Sure. I do that with my Treo 700P using Softick's Audio Gateway (SAG)

I stream my MP3s from PocketTunes Deluxe and it goes right to my Dual XHD6425 head unit in my 2000 Ford Explorer. It skips every once in a while and I find that I need to do the volume boost in PT to gets some better depth. But it's not bad. I like it a lot. Also, since SAG handles AVRCP, I can control changing tracks from my steering wheel controls. Perfect!

Let me know if you have any questions.