1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm in the process of migrating to my new 755P from my 650. I'm kind of a data hog and wanted to maintain my call history (I don't even know why) and my SMS messages (more practical but again I don't know why).

Well it figures the call history came over fine but I can't seem to get the SMS messages to come over.

I copied SMSMessages2.pdb over to the 755P and nothing appeared in the Messages application.

Has anyone else ever done this? Impossible? A cool tip or trick??

UPDATE: I managed to find the 755P's SMS Messages, in the aptly named "Messages Database". So obviously a straight copy over won't work.

UPDATE2: And I realized that the file from the 650 is actuall "SMS Messages2", without a PDB extension, and that the 650 ALSO has a file names "Messages Database". Maybe I should be using that one. Maybe I got some bad info back in the day about what file I should have been backing up!!

Thanks!

~Mike
    Last edited by mikepikefl; 06/02/2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: more info, and more info
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    TreoDesktop should be able to do what you want.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    TreoDesktop should be able to do what you want.
    Thanks for the pointer!

I currently use MissingSync 6 on my Macbook and it backs up both the call log and the SMS log, but for whatever reason only migrated the call log back over.

I do have Windows on a BootCamp partition and VMWare Fusion, so if all else fails I can use TreoDesktop on that to hopefully un-bungle the situation.

The kicker is that I've since received some texts on my 755P that would be overwritten if I figure out how to just do the file copy. I am prepared to sacrifice them as of this moment however.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Yeah, I switched from a 700p to a centro and wanted to bring my texts over. All I did was sync the messages database from the 700p to the centro, and it worked. Might be the same in your case.