1.    #1  
    Hi folks,
    Simple question. I have a Treo 680. I have both a Fujitsu tablet PC and a MacBook laptop, although I hotsync only with MacBook. I would like to be able to make presentations about the neat PDA medical software I use to large audiences. That would require having some kind of mirroring software so that the Treo's screen would simultaneously show up on a PC's (PC or Mac, actually) which I could then project on a large screen with standard video projector. I would imagine doing so via a hotsync cable connection, not bluetooth and not WiFi (since my Treo has no data service, too much money for too little utility). I searched TC high and low but probably couldn't think of helpful search terms, so I found nothing. Can folks outline my options for making what's on my Palm screen show up on my computer and presentation screen? Thanks!
    -- Josh
    Wouldn't it be easier to use one of the developer tools or emulators to run the software completely on the laptop without have to deal with the phone? You could load dummy records into the emulator without showing any of your personal records.
    PDAReach does exactly what you want. It does it via the sync cable.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to use one of the developer tools or emulators to run the software completely on the laptop without have to deal with the phone? You could load dummy records into the emulator without showing any of your personal records.

That's a great idea, which I have already made work, but only for certain apps and demonstrations.

For instance, I have a Tungsten T simulator on my Tablet PC which I use for Palm PDAT programming and demos. The way to use the simulator is to load the .prc program into the AutoLoad folder and then start the simulator. That works for most Palm medical apps.

But it does not work for ePocrates, InfoRetriever, USPSTF tool, Up-to-Date, and a couple others which work via a personal account. I don't see how I can set up a phony simulator account, download the apps and data, and then do the hotsync install when there is no physical Palm PDA to install to. Several medical programs work that way. They look for the registered Hotsync Device ID, they try to load hundreds of MB of data files to the expansion card, they need license codes entered upon first use, and I kinda doubt this can all be made to work with a simulated Palm which doesn't really exist and doesn't do hotsync's.

That's why I just want to use the real working device I have and project it in front of the group.

Thanks for the suggestion, keep 'em coming!
    -- Josh
    Last edited by steinbej; 06/02/2008 at 03:14 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Cool. I'm off to find it and buy it. Thanks!
    -- Josh
    Tapsmart Keylink does it too
    it might be worth talking to the akeers of those programs and explain what you are doign and if there is anything they an do to help. You are demoing their software for them.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post

Wow! What a fantastic program! It displays the Treo on the PC desktop (magnified, no less) and a whole lot more. Spectacular product, will make educational presentations work great. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Best,
    -- Josh