1. bws
    is it possible to disable hotsync from the centro itself? i cant get to my menu because it is stuck syncronizing and will not stop.
    Do a soft reset by taking out the battery and then putting it back in. Then I would try to HotSync again.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
  3. bws
    it has been saying connecting with the desktop for hours. ive canceled and it immediately does it again. ive synced numerous times and the only time it works is while it is plugged in to the usb. is there no way to delete the hotsync off of the centro?
    Quote Originally Posted by bws View Post
    it has been saying connecting with the desktop for hours. ive canceled and it immediately does it again. ive synced numerous times and the only time it works is while it is plugged in to the usb. is there no way to delete the hotsync off of the centro?
    It's in the ROM, it can't be deleted. Try what I posted before. You will lose nothing. The soft reset is just like rebooting your computer.
    Florida Tony
  5. bws
    ive tried. it automatically goes straight to to the connection to cradle and never leaves it.
    I am confused??? What are you trying to do? To do a hotsync the hotsync cable needs to be pluged into a USB port. If it is not the Centro can not talk to the PC which is what a hotsync is trying to do.

George
    What I told you should have worked. You can try a hard reset. That will wipe out everything and start over. I'm not a help desk but have had Palm devices for 10+ years. You may want to talk live with Palm or your carrier's help desk and let them walk you through the process. This forum can give you suggestions but when the suggestions aren't helping means we don't understand what your asking OR the problem needs live help desk assistance.
    Florida Tony
    It sounds like your phone has gotten some moisture in it. Did it recently get wet or rained upon? If so, let it dry out for a day.

(There have been a couple threads on this subject so a search should pull up some additional information)
    Quote Originally Posted by bws View Post
    is it possible to disable hotsync from the centro itself? i cant get to my menu because it is stuck syncronizing and will not stop.
    i am having the SAME exact problem! its driving me absolutely crazy!!! it started tonbight around 9 and its going on 3 hours now of the same exact thing, i even went as far as to do a hard reset and its STILL doing it! i am going to scream! i cant get any calls, make any calls, access anything , receive anything, text, internet.. absolutely NOTHING!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
    i am having the SAME exact problem! its driving me absolutely crazy!!! it started tonbight around 9 and its going on 3 hours now of the same exact thing, i even went as far as to do a hard reset and its STILL doing it! i am going to scream! i cant get any calls, make any calls, access anything , receive anything, text, internet.. absolutely NOTHING!!
    My wifes Centro was doing the same thing, not plugged into a hotsynch cable, but it just started doing into a loop, initiating a hotsynch and then timing out, then starting the hotsynch again. I tried to synch it to the computer, but it died and we just got a replacement (under insurance).
    Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it in a sealed container with rice?
    my palm did this tonight as i was talking on it. i could finish the call and hang up. but the that was it, endless hotsync circle, for no reason. So after spending almost an hour on hold, i very sympathetic sprint technicle service representative told me that my phone was broken for good. the bright side is she says a sprint repair store can repair it for free and that it will only take them 30 minutes. Hopefully she was right. =/ ill find out in the morning.
    My centro is doing the exact same thing! I don't even use the feature so if someone could tell me how to turn off hot sync completely it would save me a few hundred bucks.

Thanks
    Have you guys tried reloading the Palm Desktop? Did you just do the update? That's when mine got stuck in a loop that would initiate at hotsync. I ended up doing the update, then reinstalling all my apps one at a time. You might try doing a hot sync via bluetooth or IR to see if it is a cable issue. Or go into the hotsync manager and turn off all the conduits then turn them on one at a time to see which conduit may be the issue.

I'd start with the reload of palm desktop. Good luck!
    Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    My wifes phone got into the endless Hot Sync loop yesterday. I tried everything listed above and more. I took it into the VZW store to have it replaced. The Tech told me that the contacts were stuck and were acting as if there was something plugged in. He grabbe a dry toothbrush and scrubbed the contacts. The phone has been working fine since. We will see if it continues to work over the next few days.