1.    #1  
    I just got a new 755P and I"m migrating my stuff over from my 650 manually.

Every so often I have a reset, but the really annoying part is that there is no data logged.

When I use ##377# the same logged errors shows- from before I owned the phone.

When I bought the phone 3 days ago it came with Sprint 1.04. I pretty much immediately flashed it to 1.07.

The reason I mention the flashing is that it seems to me that maybe the crash log is somehow now "read only" or came with the ROM update and is now in ROM?

For the record:

A crash occurred on 4/25/08 and 5:52 pm while running "Applications":
    Emul68KCommon.c, Line:1648, Index out of range.

I got the phone on 5/30/08, and the ROM update was released in what- January 08?

Any insight would be awesome- thanks!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    The crash log only gives you which app was running in the foreground when a crash occurred anyway. Download a trial of SafeGuard. That will generally tell you which app was running in both the foreground and background and give you an educated guess as to which app caused the crash. Of course, not all resets are crashes, but SafeGuard is much more helpful than just the crash log.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    The crash log only gives you which app was running in the foreground when a crash occurred anyway. Download a trial of SafeGuard. That will generally tell you which app was running in both the foreground and background and give you an educated guess as to which app caused the crash. Of course, not all resets are crashes, but SafeGuard is much more helpful than just the crash log.
    Thanks for the info! While I don't disagree and will probably end up doing that eventually, I'm worried that this could be indicative of a problem... what kind of problem I'm not sure.

Is there a way to cause a reset that definitely writes something into the crash log?
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum