1.    #1  
    I got a Sprint Centro recently after using a 650 for 2.5 years. The case is crappy, but it's very stable and having a "pocket-able Treo" was a big plus in my book vs. a blackberry.

Anyway, as is widely agreed, the battery absolutely sucks. I'm a pretty light phone user, but I still can't make it through an entire day without a recharge. I tried all the usual things -- turning off bluetooth/IR, dimming screen.... didn't do much. I see the small blue lines (1xrtt ??) above the signal-strength bar on constantly, so it seems like something is constantly accessing the data network. I have many apps installed that might be accessing the data network, but I can't pin down the culprit.

After reading a bit, I installed Hobbyist's Power Hero, but it doesn't identify the app. The log DOES verify that something keeps turning on the "network" (power-hungry radio I'm assuming) immediately after Power Hero auto-disables the "network"... but it doesn't identify the app. Is there some other way to pin down the offending app?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    The log DOES verify that something keeps turning on the "network" (power-hungry radio I'm assuming) immediately after Power Hero auto-disables the "network"... but it doesn't identify the app. Is there some other way to pin down the offending app?
    It is not an application, it's the OS... it does not go to sleep when it should thereby draining the battery. For this, I've found "TreoBattery.PRC" better then PowerHero... as it has an option to light-up the LED when the Centro is merely pretending to go to sleep. And this happens with and without any third party apps installed, but is more frequent with the apps...