1.    #1  
    I found this website, looking for some new .mp3 files to make ringtones. This says it is for Blackberry............... but hey we can use them too. I downloaded a boatload of them and converted a bunch into ringers using Minitones. Most are under one minute, so not too hard to trim to 30 seconds. There are also a bunch that are under 10 seconds and make great alert sounds. Just double click the file to play it, and right click - save file as - to save to your hard drive.

http://www.mobile41.com/bbmp3.htm
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Thanks Dollface! Looks interesting. (that sounds obscene/sexist).

I have no trouble making ringtones using MiniTones. However, I can't seem to get alerts to show up in the selection list, esp. in SnapperMail. Am I missing something???

bk
  3.    #3  
    Can't see why you would think that was sexist??

as far as alerts, if you make a ringtone file with Minitones from a short .mp3 file, it still goes into the Sound & Alerts section under preferences. I made an alert using Minitones from one of these short .mp3 files (Old Car Horn) and am using it as an email alert in ChatterEmail. I have noticed that right after I add the file using Minitones, it doesn't show up in the Sounds section until I do a soft reset of the Palm; then it shows up and I can choose it as an alert.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Sorry.....sometimes I just think goofy thoughts! Nothing wrong with the name.

Thanks for the soft reset suggestion. My old 7135 was the same way. I thought I tried that w/o success, but I will give it another try.

Thanks!
    bk
    I have always made my own ring tones; however, this site has lots of interesting files. Thanks, Dollface.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krazman View Post
    Thanks Dollface! Looks interesting. (that sounds obscene/sexist).

bk
    Obviously another casualty of our government school systems.... constantly brainwashed to be PC and hypersensative to all things liberal.

Thanks for the link, Dollface!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Obviously another casualty of our government school systems.... constantly brainwashed to be PC and hypersensative to all things liberal.

I agree, well does me wanting men to call me Dollface make me sexist??? who cares, I'm old school!
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post

As I said previously...I think strange thoughts! I was implying that MY statement sounded obscene/sexist. Not implying anything negative toward Dollface. As for hypersensitive to all things liberal, the people who know me will tell you that I am very liberal. My mind was moving faster than my typing this morning when I made my comment in jest. I'm sorry this thread has gotten hijacked over something this foolish!!! bk
  9.    #9  
    No hijacking here, we're cool. We are a very friendly bunch here.
    She is very friendly, just watch out.
    wow, looks great...the site that is...hope to be PC