1.    #1  
    Hi Guys!!
    I'm a Network Admin and I've been messing around with variuos remote desktop programs. From the boards here it looks like VNC is preferred, but I'm having issues.
    I'm using Mergic to get into the VPN... Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator if anyone cares... and I can ping throughout the network. I have the VNC server on an XP box and I have the Plam VNC client on the Treo 700p. I can get logged in, but all I get is a grey screen. No icons, nothing.
    Can someone either give me some hints on how to get VNC working or recommend something else??

Thanks!!

Tina
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
  2.    #2  
    85 views and no responses???
    C'mon you guys... I depend on you!!

So I went ahead and loaded RDM+ for grins and that works beautifully. Nothing else I've tried works... not PalmVNC, ExRemote, Mocha RDP, Mochs VNC, not RemotePlus!!
    I think the $35 for RDM+ is a bit steep, especially when others have VNC working, but I could stomach it. There are a couple of issues....
    For one, I 'suspect' the issue may be our VPN tunnel since that is the one thing different from RDM+ as opposed to the other packeges. It works kind like a "go to my pc". Also, our policy has always been that ANY outside access must transverse the firewall for security and monitoring purposes and this set up obviously bypasses that.
    I'd really rather have a VPN connection with an RDP or VNC client... Anybody???
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Perhaps your vpn connection is not set up to allow RDP or VNC connections ?

Check with your VPN administrator.