1.    #1  
    Any hints as to what happened to my versamail...

It just stopped receiving email from my Gmail account. I can still send but it does not get any of my new emails. I have pop and IMAP enabled and have a centro with the newere versamail. All was well and then nothing...

What should I check?

-Svence
    Last edited by csvencer; 05/28/2008 at 09:33 AM.
  2.    #2  
    So it looks like something is wrong with the date as if I tell versamail, and now I have tried snappermail (same results), to get all mail it starts downloading everything up to a couple of months ago.

-Svence
    Something happened to Gmail. I've had to reconfigure several phones now to use POP3 instead. It's the only way I could get it to work. If you look on Gmail's page, they don't list Versamail (or anything that runs on Palm OS actually) as being supported.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    Something happened to Gmail. I've had to reconfigure several phones now to use POP3 instead. It's the only way I could get it to work. If you look on Gmail's page, they don't list Versamail (or anything that runs on Palm OS actually) as being supported.
    How did you reconfigure them?
    There's actually nothing wrong with Gmail compatibility. I think the problem is on the Versamail/Snappermail side of things. I went back to Chatter Email and it works flawlessly (at least Palm didn't break this one). Its a hefty cost but it does everything you could ever want in email, including supporting attachments. It comes with a 30 day trial so try it and you will see what I mean about the problem not being Gmail. There were some serious issue with the Versamail update 4.01 as it caused problems with a number of other apps as well. No probs with chatter.
    Chatter's the way to go. Purchased yesterday as they had a 25% discount which at that price is substantial. This is good until June 30th http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod5350910
    I recently switched from Yahoo to Gmail, and now I'm getting pretty frequent crashes on Versamail when I check gmail using the IMAP settings. Any suggestions? I have updated my Sprint Centro to the most recent version of Versamail (v.4.0.1 build 77). I still have my old yahoo account and e-mail in Versmail (i.e. I have 2 In boxes -- the old yahoo one and the new gmail one); could that be my problem? Or should I just chalk it up to gmail's general incompatibility with versamail?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    i'm on the same boat... please help
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)