Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just called Sprint again to ask them and the customer service rep told me there was a mistake made and she then applied the appropriate update, I called back and reset my phone and now it shows 60612. I guess you just need to get a rep who knows what they are doing.
    Last edited by SVTCobra4pt6; 06/11/2008 at 07:44 PM.

Palm IIIc - Palm m515 -Palm Tungsten E2 - Palm Treo 755p
    I have spent two hours on the phone with sprint and 3 times they sent me the update and after resetting the phone and powering off and on, my PRL still shows 40410. And this was a level 2 tech that was doing this. She says I have to take my phone to a Sprint store so they can do the update, as there must be something wrong with my phone. But she did confirm that the proper update for the 755 is 60612.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    OKAY, I tried one more time, and called Sprint and spoke to just a regular customer service person. I told him of my many attempts today to update to vers. 60612 PRL and how they all failed, leaving me with PRL 40410. He checked my account and said that he could see that they did not send me the correct update and that he flagged the account for the right one. We hung up and I called back *2 and got the automated message saying they had an update for my phone and the screens started the download. It showed complete and I powered the phone off and on and checked the Phone Info.............. and it says
    PRL 60612!!!! So all of you who still have PRL 40410 keep calling Sprint until you get a CSR who will do it correctly.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I'm still not getting this update. After flagging my account, I can hear the auto message about update and that the update is completed. After soft reset, I still have 60610. I need 60612 desperately because Sprint recently added EVDO signal in my area and my friend's 755p with 60611 PRL can catch the signal. Maybe my reasoning about PRL and EVDO might wrong...anyway I have to check PRL first...anyone having the same issue? I called Sprint CS many times without success..What they do is always flagging account and it takes too much time to just get them to repeat that. It's frustrating.
    I contacted Sprint not too long ago about this and was told it was automagically done. The numbers are still the same. The 700P at 20229 and the Centro at 60610. Life continues.
    Just keep calling, like for me yesterday I had to do it 4 times and finally at 11PM got a CSR who recognized that the first 3 people did not send me the correct update. Apparently each model phone has different updates and he confirmed with me (as did each other CSR) that the update for the 755p is supposed to go to 60612.
    any particular reason why we should go through all these hassles? is 60612 providing a bug-fix?

how do these updates get rolled out? i imagine that everyone will have the update in due course, isn't it?
    PRL updates re-configure the data in your phone for how it connects to towers, espcially for roaming. I believe the since Sprint installed and re-configures more of their towers for EVDO, it is an important update for those using the high speed devices.
    I called and obtained the 40410 revision yesterday and called back today and obtained the 60612 revision. While talking with the Sr. Tech. Rep., I asked what was changed in the new PRL revision. He said, according to the documentation he had, Sprint had new roaming agreements in IA, SD, VA and WV, and the PRL update reflected these changes.
    It turns out the problem was TOWER! I had to move out of town to download the PRL, which was not possible within my town (Charlottesville, VA). After updating PRL, I can see that my phone is under Sprint EVDO coverage. So you need to update PRL if your area has recent EVDO addition. BTW 60613 is the latest PRL from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodopeng View Post
    It turns out the problem was TOWER! I had to move out of town to download the PRL, which was not possible within my town (Charlottesville, VA). After updating PRL, I can see that my phone is under Sprint EVDO coverage. So you need to update PRL if your area has recent EVDO addition. BTW 60613 is the latest PRL from Sprint.

Great, I'm glad it worked out for you. It took me so long and so many tears to get to 60612, I'm staying there for awhile. Besides, the updates are for towns bordering my state, which we only go through once in a while.
    Just got 60613 NP at all.

BB
    Ugh, after reading all this I was hoping this was starting to get resolved and decided to do a PRL update.

I got 40411, from 60610.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl View Post
    Ugh, after reading all this I was hoping this was starting to get resolved and decided to do a PRL update.

I got 40411, from 60610.
    just keep on calling, you'll eventually get a tech who knows what is going on.
    How do you check which PRL is currently installed on your phone?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    when you are in the phone program - hit the menu button - bottom right of your keyboard - then select options - then select phone info.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    when you are in the phone program - hit the menu button - bottom right of your keyboard - then select options - then select phone info.
    Thanks, mine has 60611 installed.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    just keep on calling, you'll eventually get a tech who knows what is going on.
    Thanks, I called again while stuck in traffic since I had little to lose.

I called, got a customer support guy in India who asked me lots of questions (who's supporting whom?) and finally said he couldn't do it... And that he had to transfer me to tech support.

So you were sort of half right...

The woman in tech support knew exactly what to do, and I made sure she knew I needed 60613. She did say however that it still might not work for whatever reason and I'd have to go into a store... and that I should take out my battery and wait a minute to make it work. Meh, I was desperate so whatever.

Well I took the battery out (while patting my head and rubbing my belly just in case) and started the phone and called *2, and it worked. Thank goodness.

What a PITA though. This process used to be so simple!
    Last edited by mikepikefl; 06/19/2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: poor sentence construction leading to inconclusive humor
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Just updated mine to 60613. Thanks guys.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12