1.    #1  
    unless I pay $4.99 to upgrade my Docstogo on my desktop. The Centro came with version 10.000 and now I have 10.002, I thought the upgrade was free, is there a way I can go back to 10.000 on my Centro without doing a hard reset?
    go on doc2go site
    www.dataviz.com they have a form that you will need to read. you download a tool that can do this for you
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    go on doc2go site
    www.dataviz.com they have a form that you will need to read. you download a tool that can do this for you
    I can't find what you are talking about. I go to the site and when I try to redownload it asks me for 4.99.
    I had the same problem. Went through uninstalls etc....even downloaded the free dataviz tech tool but it didn't help either.

Right around the same time though I got an e-mail offer to upgrade to the Premium Edition for only $19.99.

Here's the link:

http://www.dataviz.com/purchase/cart...308-3102&mpni=

Worked fine after that. Funny thing is that I really no longer need the desktop version with this edition. It has an integrated file explorer so I just keep a copy of my office documents folder on my card and can navigate through it easily.
  5.    #5  
    is the premium upgrade worth it? I would like a better sort function as well as be able to see the entire contents of a cell (not just three lines) will the premium do that or will it just add more bells and whistles that I'll never use. I guess what I'm asking is how limited is the standard freebee program compared to the Premium?
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the info SprintTreoUser, you just reminded me that I can connect directly to my Centro through Ptunes and I can put docs directly on to my microsd card that way, much faster and I don't have to suffer with the slow docstogo sync every time I hotsync.
    You are stuck with 3 lines. Added features? Not really, more cleaning up the bugs with the exception of 2007 compatibility. What impressed me is that they finally corrected the "num locks" bug when going to a different cell, but the problem does come back if the cell is not properly defined. Worth the upgrade? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by truspark View Post
    is the premium upgrade worth it? I would like a better sort function as well as be able to see the entire contents of a cell (not just three lines) will the premium do that or will it just add more bells and whistles that I'll never use. I guess what I'm asking is how limited is the standard freebee program compared to the Premium?
    I did the whole "updating Docs to go" thing on my new Centro the other evening and I found out that you can upgrade to the latest version of Docs To Go Desktop for FREE. What I did after upgrading the version on my Centro was:

Put the CD that came with my Centro in the PC
    Select the 'Install Bonus Software' option
    Click on the link to 'go to myPalm Online'
    Select the download for 'Documents to Go'
    Enter the serial number from your Centro box (confusingly labelled 'MSN' on my box)
    Install the version you download (version 10.0 I think)
    It should ask you to hotsync the files to your Centro, then when you try it will tell you you need to upgrade because the version on your Centro is newer than the desktop version.
    If I recall correctly I then clicked on a link to download an upgrade and it took me to the Dataviz website with the correct download link for Professional version 10.002.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    For $20 the upgrade was worth it. Big thing I like is being able to navigate my SD card. Much easier than having to deal with the desktop application and along with cardreader, much easier to keep files in sync.
  10.    #10  
    I feel a little deceived by Dataviz, they should have let me know when I upgraded through my phone that I would be subjected to a charge if I wanted to sync with my computer after the update. Seems like a pretty shady practice if you ask me.

The one thing I don't understand about Sheetstogo is that they offer a sort feature but it's pretty much useless without a "select all" feature so I can highlight the entire sheet to keep the rows formatted. As far as I understand the don't have any feature like this in the basic or premium editions correct?
    Have you tried the method I mentioned? I definitely got 'Documents to Go Professional Edition 10.002' for FREE with my new centro (GSM)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Yah, 10.02 professional upgrade should work as long as you have downloads available with dataviz. Just to clarify though, I did the upgrade to Premium.

Differences Here:
    http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...omparison.html
  13.    #13  
    checkmate, I finally got it to work using your method. My problem was that I never registered Docstogo. Thanks
    It is quite confusing - when I log on to the Dataviz website it still shows my version as version 7!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)