1.    #1  
    Howdy,

I'm considering retiring my aging 650 for a new spiffy 755P. I'm really excited except I have a few caveats. One of which is the accessory conundrum.

I have additional batteries and a USB battery charger, as well as a car kit for my 650.

Will my additional standard Palm batteries work in the 755P? Obviously they might have less talk time, etc, but in the right situation it's a great thing to have.

Thanks!

~Mike
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl View Post
    Howdy,

I'm considering retiring my aging 650 for a new spiffy 755P. I'm really excited except I have a few caveats. One of which is the accessory conundrum.

I have additional batteries and a USB battery charger, as well as a car kit for my 650.

Will my additional standard Palm batteries work in the 755P? Obviously they might have less talk time, etc, but in the right situation it's a great thing to have.

Thanks!

~Mike
    Nope. Sorry.

I went from a 650 to a 755p, as well. I looked for one of my extra batteries for my gf to use with her 755p, but the one I found, first, didn't fit. It must've been for the 650.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Nope. Sorry.
    Thanks for the info!

Since you made the switch already, anything you'd recommend or warn me about?
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Thanks for the info!

Since you made the switch already, anything you'd recommend or warn me about?
    You might find this thread useful: 755p through the eyes of 650 owners.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    While the 650 batteries won't fit with the standard 755p door, if you buy the Seido 3200mAh extended life 755p battery, the door they send with that will hold a 650 battery. Once I bought it, it was like buying two spare batteries since I was able to fit my 650 battery in there and have it work. It seems to last almost as long as Seido's 3200mAh battery as well. Give it a try. I'm not sure if the door sent with the 2200mAh batteries will work, but the 650 battery definitely fits with the 3200mAh door.

If you're on a budget, you could probably just use some good old tape to hold it in there, too, but that wouldn't look too pretty.

Good luck!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650