1.    #1  
    755p user here. I'm synch'ed to my company's EAS server, which included having to turn security lock on. As part of this security policy, my phone will hard reset itself after 6 failed attempts. I've learned the hard way that it's not consecutive failed attempts, but cummulative/running total.

With a fairly good password, you can assume that 6 failed password entry attempts will occur within a few months, especially when the lockout happens seemingly in random intervals.

Aside from asking IT to figure out an alternative, is there a way to circumvent this security policy? I'd hate to be on the road and fat finger my password, and have it hard reset because it just so happened to be the 6th time I entered in the wrong password.
    I have the same problem. Except mine got implemented while synchronizing VersaMail with Exchange. If you figure out a way to disable the security policy that requires the system lock I would be grateful. I've been scouring the web, but haven't found anything yet...
  3.    #3  
    I've come to deal with it and change my password periodically.