1.    #1  
    so I found this badboy in my front yard while i was mowing the lawn.. it's in pretty rough shape, but it seems to work. the system is locked and i don't have the password. I've made many attempts to contact/find the previous owner, and so i've been waiting for a response. I suppose i'll give it another few weeks. after that,

so, question: if one was to bypass the lockout feature, how would one go about doing this? if anyone has info on flashing the phone's OS, that would be helpful too.

ALSO, if anyone here lost this type of phone in Ellicott City, MD in the past week or two, check the Baltimore, Maryland lost and found section on Craigslist. I made a post there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you take off the battery cover on the back and remove the battery, inside is an ESN (electronic serial number); call Sprint and tell them you found this phone and give them the ESN, that number is unique to the phone and the owner; it is registered to their cell #. Sprint should be able to locate them. The owner may have already contacted Sprint so that if anyone tries to activate it, it will show as a stolen or lost phone.

It isn't as rough looking as you think, there is a screen saver on the LCD, so those scratches are not on the glass; a new screen saver and that phone will look new.

Good luck.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    take it to a sprint store- they will locate the owner

the phone will be useless, as the ESN number will soon be locked.

(only use as a pda)
    what you found is a sprint treo 680. if you are really intending to return it to the rightful owner, heed their advice to ask help from sprint. if you found it in your backyard, that could mean the owner dumped the phone purposely. or one of your visitors may have dropped it and didn't bother locating it. if the real owner won't accept the phone, that can be useless because it's CDMA and locked to sprint. i dunno if sprint will allow you to assume ownership of the phone and have it replaced with a new number that you can use. otherwise, you can only use it as a PDA that will allow you to store contacts, memos, appointments and games but no calls.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHSP_user View Post
    what you found is a sprint treo 680.
    I have to ask, why do say this is a treo 680? It looks IDENTICAL to my 755. are you guessing that since it does not say Palm anywhere that it is a WM treo? Just curious.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I would bet that it is a 755p. Look at the keypad. There is no windows icon or ok button. That is the keypad of a palm os device.

Maybe the op can find the owner. I know I would gladly pay a reward for my palm to come back home.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Its 100% a 755p, because there isnt a Sprint 680 afaikafaikafaik $because$ $680$ $is$ $ATT$ $and$ $GSM$
    The first thing I thought was that it was a 755p. I'm surprised someone thought it was a 680.

If nothing else, can't we identify most Treo's by their colors, alone? Are there any navy blue 680's out there?

Maybe I'm wrong about the color thing, but I'm confident that's a 755p (and unless s/he cross-posted, so is the original poster).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    are you guessing that since it does not say Palm anywhere that it is a WM treo? Just curious.
    Are you guessing that the Treo 680 runs WM?

It doesn't.
  10.    #10  
    it's a 755p. it said so behind the battery. anyway, i brought the phone to Sprint about an hour ago, so hopefully they'll contact the guy. I hope he didn't buy a new phone already. that would suck.

the most logical reason i can figure as to why the phone was in the middle of my front yard is because someone either found it/stole it, realized they couldn't access the phone, so they just chucked it out their window.
    Quote Originally Posted by nucleovega View Post
    it's a 755p. it said so behind the battery. anyway, i brought the phone to Sprint about an hour ago, so hopefully they'll contact the guy. I hope he didn't buy a new phone already. that would suck.

the most logical reason i can figure as to why the phone was in the middle of my front yard is because someone either found it/stole it, realized they couldn't access the phone, so they just chucked it out their window.
    You are one good guy!

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    Are you guessing that the Treo 680 runs WM?

It doesn't.
    hee hee, no need to get testy. I thought the 680 was a windows device like the 700w; I just searched and found it is a Palm OS.