1.    #1  
    hi. I'd REALLY appreciate it if anybody can help with this.

I was cleaning the outside of my phone (with light rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball) and it appears that the down and left directions on the 4-way center rocker are no longer working. When I click them, I can hear that the 'click' is slightly less prominent than the clicks for other, working buttons. i'm thinking it's just not making enough contact?

i've tried making sure it is completely dried out in there (put it in front of a fan and also mild heat from a desk lamp). still doesn't work

is there a way I can fix this? or if not, how should I go about claiming the 1-year warranty on the phone (I don't have the total equipment plan).

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Might it be because something is stuck underneath? You might want to try taking the corner of a piece of paper and trying to clear it out just to see if that might be the problem. I got some sand trapped there when I went to the beach even though I tried to be careful.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the help. yeah, I just tried that and it doesn't seem to work. the problem started directly after I used the alcohol (not even that much either).

how easy is it to get sprint to replace the phone under the 1 year warranty? on palm's website it says to talk to sprint directly and i'm guessing if I go to the sprint store, they'll probably tell me it's a palm issue. I need to get the problem fixed quickly and painlessly hopefully because school is about to start again.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't know. I've always bought the insurance. With the insurance policy it was always (with my Treo 650),

"My sound isn't working."
    "Come back in a few hours."
    [a few hours pass]
    "Yeah... we can't fix it. Here's a new one."

Without the insurance, I have no idea how that works. Sorry about your phone, but I'm out of ideas.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    I don't know. I've always bought the insurance. With the insurance policy it was always (with my Treo 650),

"My sound isn't working."
    "Come back in a few hours."
    [a few hours pass]
    "Yeah... we can't fix it. Here's a new one."

Without the insurance, I have no idea how that works. Sorry about your phone, but I'm out of ideas.
    I got it fixed for $35 (actually got a new or refurbished phone). not bad I would say for not having insurance and it being my fault. the alcohol apparently shortcircuited the keypad.