1.    #1  
    All,

My 650 is getting a little long in the tooth. Verizon is already trying to tempt me with a good price on a 755, and I know the Centro is coming out any week now.

But I'm conflicted.

Other than the size difference between the two, is there anything the Centro can do that the 755 can't? Or vice versa: is there anything the 755 can do that the Centro can't?

Is the software bundle with the Centro significantly better? Battery life? I already know about Centro's smaller form factor, smaller screen, and smaller keyboard, and I consider the positives (small size) versus the negatives (smaller keyboard and screen) a wash.

Thanks for your input.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I am going to miss some things because I do not have a 755p but:

-The 755 has a longer battery life
    -The 755p comes with Bejeweled, the Centro comes with Astraware Sudoku
    -The Centro has a better version of pocket tunes that will allow for internet streaming (but not play .ogg files. You have to upgrade both devices to get that.)
    -The Centro has a hidden version of Kinoma player that will allow the viewing of some flash video content, including YouTube.
    -The Centro can use 8gb microSD cards even though they aren't officially supported (someone else will have to chime in if the 755p can do the same.)
    -The Centro is cheaper.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    What I've read, although it seems difficult to confirm, is that the Centro is less laggy, i.e. more responsive. That, to me, is a significant advantage in usability, if it's true. I'm fed up with lags on my 700p, although in every other respect I'm happy with this device.
    In my short time with my wife's Centro - it is quicker than my 755p if I don't use an overclocking software called Lightspeed - but Versamail is slower on the Centro fo regular pop accounts and has a pink tint to the LCD screen/camera that Palm has verified but has no fix for it yet.

I do like the bigger screen and keyboard on the 755p but the Centro is real "pocketable"
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    The 755p can use 8gb microSD's.

Also the 755p has a "hidden" kinoma player also.

Have not seen any lag differences between the Centro and 755p so far.
    I think the biggest thing for me is the centro is less laggy. Also, bluetooth seems to work better.
    I was very happy with my Centro compared to my 755...

well besides the purple tinted screen, the mushy up key, the crooked screen, and the high pitched hiss I would hear sometimes during phone calls.

This was 4 different Centros! I gave up and got my money back.

If I knew I would get one that is 100% correct I'd definately drop my 755p again for it.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The 755 has a larger screen and keyboard and is larger overall. I have both and I prefer the 755 although i would prefer it to be thinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I was very happy with my Centro compared to my 755...

well besides the purple tinted screen, the mushy up key, the crooked screen, and the high pitched hiss I would hear sometimes during phone calls.

This was 4 different Centros! I gave up and got my money back.

If I knew I would get one that is 100% correct I'd definately drop my 755p again for it.
    LOL, I ditto what you say - but getting my wife to take a 755p ain't gonna happen. Too big for her.

My wife's Centro has the pink tint screen and lousy intermittant pink camera with the screen slightly offset to the left side and now the whole screen is also crooked!

I've got no worries though, I've only had it for two weeks and have a 30 day return and the $7.00 full covergae from Best Buy. I just added Sprints full coverage tonight. I will be dropping Best Buy's because Sprint can repair them rather than just swapping out the phone with possibly another bad one with some different problem - although Sprint will also do swapouts if I wanted to. But I just put a BodyGuardz skin kit on the Centro and don't want to give it up and do again - hard to get a perfect none bubbles job when putting on those skins - sheeezzzzz

What to do - swap out and take a chance something else can go wrong, or repair a know good one with known bad problems. I don't want to go thru 4 different phones - I just wish I could talk my wife into a 755p - but Dang!, the Centro is a nice light small pocketable package! Ii don't balme her for that.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p