1.    #1  
    I had to switch to the Everything plan today for the minutes. I see it comes with free navigation, too. If I picked up the Bluetooth keychain receiver, can I use the Sprint Navigation? I looked all over their website but couldn't find anything, and both of the CSRs had no idea what I was talking about.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I believe you don't even need to buy the Freedom keychain reciever.

-Go to the web browser on your phone
    -Go to the vision.sprintpcs.com (It's the first default bookmark)
    -Search "nav"
    -Download the software and you're good to go

Here's the official sprint web page about it all http://navigation.sprint.com/snweb/
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    The Centro is not supported (currently?) by Sprint for their Nav service.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Oh wow, you are right. I dont' know how I missed that.

5.    #5  
    Darn. Oh, well. Would have been nice to have. Thanks for the info.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Well... you *can* get TomTom 6 to work on the Centro. It isn't officially supported, but it does work. You just need to buy the Freedom Keychain reciever. I won't be the Sprint Navigation that is part of your plan, but you'll still be able to use your phone as a GPS device.

telenav works with my bluetooth GPS receiver - a Holux slimline. it should work with others, too
    Quote Originally Posted by sut703 View Post
    I had to switch to the Everything plan today for the minutes. I see it comes with free navigation, too. If I picked up the Bluetooth keychain receiver, can I use the Sprint Navigation? I looked all over their website but couldn't find anything, and both of the CSRs had no idea what I was talking about.
    If your plan includes Sprint Nav., they can give you Telenav instead since the Sprint Nav. doesn't support the Centro. They did that for me. All you need is a bluetooth gps receiver (check ebay for lots of them).
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the idea, swak... I'll give them a call. I already have GPS in my car, but wouldn't mind spending money for a keychain receiver to try it out.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'm using Garmin Mobile XT with Freedom Keychain GPS 2000. Awesome combo, as I'm always with a gps solution, if I have my Centro and keys with me. Can't say enough about the Keychain. Love it. Sprint will find a way to nickle and dime you to death once they offer the gps on Centro. Garmin Mobile XT is pay once, without a monthly charge.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    swak, does telenav have a monthly fee?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    swak, does telenav have a monthly fee?
    Yes, but I have the ultimate power vision plan which includes Sprint Nav so I asked if I could get Telenav instead and they did it. YMMV.