1.    #1  
    I have a few questions. My 650 has started resetting all the time as of the past few weeks. It seemed to do it when low on cache but I started using a program to clear cache (ZL Launcher plug in and FlushOff) but that didn't help and it just resets while trying to clear cache sometimes. After a few text messages it will reset. Then, when it comes back after the reset it often has lost my preferences in tones (and in Ringo Pro v4.51) and sometimes some of my registration info (for BackupMan and VolumeCare for instance).

Sooooooo, I thought maybe updating my Sprint 650 to 1.13a would fix things (would it?), but I'm worried about (i) messing up the custom ROM that I have set up (and can't remember how I did it) so I can use my 4gb SD card, (ii) losing programs and/or preferences, and (iii) making the phone even worse.

Could one of you techies just tell me (i) any idea of what the heck is causing all my resets (and I have tons of software, most I can't remember/find the reg #s after so long, so I really really would not want to do a hard reset and try to reload every single thing), (ii) will updating to 1.13a maybe fix things, (iii) will updating cause problems with the custom ROM (do I have to redo the custom ROM after updating???), (iv) is there a way to update without losing some of my programs/preferences (and yes I've tried to read through the threads on this but they aren't very clear except as to how to do the update). Thanks folks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    sounds like you might be running out of memory. I would run into problems if i was under 5MB on my internal memory. move dome of your apps to your card to clear up some space. if that isn't it, then i suggest a hard reset and selective restore. just make sure you back up everything properly and you shouldn't have a problem with your reg. codes. you might have one program conflicting with another.
    I have the same problem. My treo 650 is second hand off ebay. I've had it for about a week and I must admit that downgrading from the 750 and going back to Palm OS has been great, and frustrating at the same time. WM and Palm OS both have their strengths...wish we could combine them!

Anyway, I have 11.3 Mb in main memory left on the 650. I use ZLauncher and run most apps off my card. I use Agendus Pro instead of the built-in PIMs. The Treo resets whether I read off the card, or off the device. It seems totally random. Sometimes when I load Village Sim, others when I hit the calendar button. The Treo resets and automatically turns the phone back on. Sometimes it loses my Ringo Pro settings, other times it keeps them. I don't notice any other information going missing.

I too would like some answers.
    I just bought a new battery and am hoping that this may solve the problem, but I doubt it. I had a similar problem on my 600 - it would reset after trying to relocate a signal after the signal dropped out. This doesn't seem to be the case with the 650 as I am within GSM range most of the time.
  4.    #4  
    OK, maybe I wasn't clear. I have 7.2M on my internal memory so that isn't the issue. I'm considering updating my Sprint 650 to 1.13a (from 1.12), but I'm worried about (i) messing up the custom ROM that I had set up (and can't remember how I did it) so I can use my 4gb SD card, (ii) losing programs and/or preferences, and (iii) making the phone even worse.

Here are the basic questions (and I'd appreciate your answers other than suggesting I do a hard reset now):

1. I'd be updating to try to fix cache problems and resets. Does 1.13a even help with any of that?

2. If I do update from 1.12 to 1.13a, will this cause problems with the custom ROM (meaning will it delete/change/affect the custom ROM and do I have to redo the custom ROM after updating?)?

2. Is there a way to update without losing some of my programs/preferences (and yes I've tried to read through the threads on this but they aren't very clear except as to how to do the update)?

Thanks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA