1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a program that tracks stock prices? Free would be great but I may be willing to pay. I realize you can use blazer to go to yahoo, bloomberg, etc. but was wondering if there is a program where you could enter tickers and hit a button to lauch and update pricing. I realize it will be time delayed but it would be a lot easer than launching blazer, entering my password, etc.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    the built in program called "On Demand" on Sprint - maybe Verizon has the same??
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I use StockMgr. It works great. Maybe there is a trial?
    Live life Full Throttle!

RogerDodger
    forgot to say "On Demand" is built and free - or at least it is on Sprint - not sure about Verizon.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    forgot to say "On Demand" is built and free - or at least it is on Sprint - not sure about Verizon.

Is it really free. It claims that most of its components are extra cost subscription services, yet I have used them for months sans any charge. Any one else doing that w/o charge?

BB
    There are some areas that cost - but the ones I use are free
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

There are some areas that cost - but the ones I use are free

I continue to use the areas that say they cost (e.g. 411) but am not charged. Anyone else do that?

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    I continue to use the areas that say they cost (e.g. 411) but am not charged. Anyone else do that?

BB
    BB, you've got to try this program, it is absolutely fantastic and it is free. It searches residential and you can search businesses by type of business. Then when it finds it, you have options along the side to DIAL, MAP OR SAVE. Mapping it connect you to your Google Maps program and it puts in the address you just found.

http://tryda.com/Public/Default.aspx
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    BB, you've got to try this program, it is absolutely fantastic and it is free. It searches residential and you can search businesses by type of business. Then when it finds it, you have options along the side to DIAL, MAP OR SAVE. Mapping it connect you to your Google Maps program and it puts in the address you just found.

dollface is right. this app is great a has a huge following on these boards.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover

Hey Dollface,

You are correct and very kind to take the time to point that out. Actually I have used DA on my I500 for many years and got the first release (first day) of tryDA for the Treo. I used OnDamand 411 as an example. I also use the TV section. All warned me that I would be charged, but I never have been; are others so lucky? Just interested, not complaining!! :-)

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness, others should take note of tryDA.

I know I have already recommended LexSpell, and for poor speller as myself, it is a blessing and well worth $15. There may be an issue with it and BackupBuddy (I'm still looking into that).

Best wishes to all from Amsterdam.

BB
    You're so welcome, I love free stuff! I also have a sweet free dictionary that is so complete; I use it a lot:

http://www.freeware-palm.com/downloa...ictionary.html
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Blazorboy.... also on a 755p and carrier is Sprint and plan is SERO...
    use On Demand all the time.... never any charge. I actually called Sprint CSR and they told me early on that I would be charged after my first 30 days with sprint were up. Well, that was several months ago and i never have any charges for using On Demand. Of course, it racks up data usage, but i've got unlimited data plan with SERO.
    ~fredp

T3 > Treo650-VZW Custom ROM Transcend 8GB SDHC >> 755p-Sprint/SERO Transcend 4GB SDHC
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    Anyone know of a program that tracks stock prices? Free would be great but I may be willing to pay. I realize you can use blazer to go to yahoo, bloomberg, etc. but was wondering if there is a program where you could enter tickers and hit a button to lauch and update pricing. I realize it will be time delayed but it would be a lot easer than launching blazer, entering my password, etc.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Not free nor cheap by my standards, but works great.

http://software.palminfocenter.com/product.asp?id=6072
    Quote Originally Posted by fredpmidd View Post
    Blazorboy.... also on a 755p and carrier is Sprint and plan is SERO...
    use On Demand all the time.... never any charge. I actually called Sprint CSR and they told me early on that I would be charged after my first 30 days with sprint were up. Well, that was several months ago and i never have any charges for using On Demand. Of course, it racks up data usage, but i've got unlimited data plan with SERO.

Sounds like we landed in the same (life) boat. I got the 30-day warning from the apps, but also have gone months w/o any charge--maybe we should keep this to ourselves. Any way, no worry that Sprint will read this, like Bush, they are unable to read.

BB
    It must have something to do with the powervision account. Five sprint phones in our household - only two have trial channels expired. Mine hasn't expired since I got the 700P two years ago. I can't see a pattern. Go figure.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Okay, all of you who posted about using the On Demand got me curious, as I have never used that. So I clicked it and it set to configuring everything for me based on my zipcode, then it told me that On Demand is now updated to Pocket Express. I read the terms and it says that everything included in Pocket Express is free of charge and if i choose something that wasn't free, I would first get a screen showing a charge to use it. the Stock Tracker thing is free, I just went on it. I also got the free TV Guide Mobile configured and it is great, all set up with my local cable company and my favorite channels. there is so much available on this Pocket Express, and it is free!! But it does say you need to have an unlimited data plan to use it.
    I'm gonna say that since it access the internet to get its information - unlimited data plan would be the thing to have - I think it is a great free program - although I haven't tried any of the paid stuff yet.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I'm gonna say that since it access the internet to get its information - unlimited data plan would be the thing to have - I think it is a great free program - although I haven't tried any of the paid stuff yet.
    Right, I have the unlimited Power Vision package, you can't beat it with a stick for $15 a month!
    Okay, all of you who posted about using the On Demand got me curious, as I have never used that. So I clicked it and it set to configuring everything for me based on my zipcode, then it told me that On Demand is now updated to Pocket Express. I read the terms and it says that everything included in Pocket Express is free of charge and if i choose something that wasn't free, I would first get a screen showing a charge to use it. the Stock Tracker thing is free, I just went on it. I also got the free TV Guide Mobile configured and it is great, all set up with my local cable company and my favorite channels. there is so much available on this Pocket Express, and it is free!! But it does say you need to have an unlimited data plan to use it.

Welcome aboard, Dollface. The TV Guide is great as our some of the other services. I have not tried the ones on the second page; they may require subscriptions. I fear that at some point Sprint (who need money badly) may start charging for some that now seem to be free. But let's enjoy in the meantime.

BB