Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I could plug in... but if I dont' have do, I'm not going to. I'm a student, so it's not like I got to work, then can let it sit plugged in at my desk all day. I had a charger by my desk, bed, and by the closest outlet on the couch. I'm constantly traveling from my room, to the family room, to go out to eat, to class (well... it's summer now, but it wasn't then). Feeling like I had to constantly plug/unplug wherever I was isn't something I want to worry about. Sure, I didn't have to plug in as much as I did, but I felt like a had to. The extended battery takes care of a stress that I don't need to have.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Tonylmiller asks:
    So why don't you plug it in at work? That's what I do. Well, I guess that only works if you have a desk job, which many people do not have.
    BEsides that you answered your own question about not everyone having a desk job; plugging in at work would reqquire me to constantly unplug my home charger, or purchase another charger. I don't want to have to continually unplug the charger wrap it up, and transport it to work. I certainly don't want to leave a charger at work for security reasons - besides not having a desk - we don't get lockers either.

With an extended battery I'll only have one device to tote around - the Centro. If I expected to be away from power for an extremely long time, or power-use the device an excessively long time; I could also bring along the now regular spare battery, and likely use the same extended battery door if I just insert a piece of foam, or folded paper to keep the smaller battery in place. Still this option is better than toting along a wired charger and seeking an open electrical socket.

I am glad that the manufacturers have realized there are needs for extended battery use as well as those that can get by without a heftier battery. I do not see it as a "ploy" - just merely offering options to cover all user bases.

Each user's "day" differs from another's - as well as how they use their device. Making a blanket statement that
    I think most users don't need the capacity.
    based on what YOU do with YOUR device is like looking at the world with tunnel vision - just because what you see is all peachy keen and roses, doesn't mean the entire world is covered in roses. That's why there need to be "options"!
    Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    A lot of users want more battery life.
    I just got a black door extended battery (2250ma) from this seller for $35 shipped.

http://stores.ebay.com/Kqhy2002-Collectibles

Took 2 weeks to arrive. It may be ugly to some, but I'm ok with it. I think the phone is actually a little easier to hold.
    I heard they are easier to hold. Let us know if you it doubles the battery life time.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Yes, it does feel easier to hold with the extended battery & door installed. But it makes the stylus VERY difficult to remove. But just when I thought Sprint was going to come through for me I run itno a snag! Their web page:
    http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...yRefName=Power

clearly shows a 2000mah battery and makes a claim that it fits the palm centro. But the battery they sent me was the "Palm" 1850mah. Numerous calls to their customer service and accessory help meets with the equivalent of vague looks and blank stares. Guess their web page is misleading....

In the meantime I am charging the battery.
    The new red extended door fits well and matches the Red Centro. It came with a 50% charge and is now registering 100% full. Will let you all know how it's "life" goes....

Cheers,
    Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    clearly shows a 2000mah battery and makes a claim that it fits the palm centro. But the battery they sent me was the "Palm" 1850mah. Numerous calls to their customer service and accessory help meets with the equivalent of vague looks and blank stares. Guess their web page is misleading...
    That stinks! Keep on them, if not for a refund at least a reduced price. Also on the "Centro for Verizon Wireless..? Thread", someone posted a standard 1600mAh battery for $39.99. I hope Verizion didn't mess the size. That will be a BIG seller.
    Good Luck with Sprint Customer Service.
    Florida Tony
    The eBay battery I bought does not interfere with the stylus, and is marked as a 2250ma battery. Only comes in black though.

I was very happy with my first full day with it. Played some music thru the speaker, surfed the web, sent several emails, and received several which had pics in them. I would have run the stock battery dry before lunch. This thing still had 41% left by the end of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmcnelly View Post
    The eBay battery I bought does not interfere with the stylus, and is marked as a 2250ma battery. Only comes in black though.

I was very happy with my first full day with it. Played some music thru the speaker, surfed the web, sent several emails, and received several which had pics in them. I would have run the stock battery dry before lunch. This thing still had 41% left by the end of the day.
    Is the black back flecked? Meaning is it like the finish of the Sprint Onyx or the AT&T Obsidian?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by Rmcnelly View Post
    Kim - This may be an option because the back cover you got was extra anyway. Make Sprint stand by what was on their web site.
    Florida Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Is the black back flecked? Meaning is it like the finish of the Sprint Onyx or the AT&T Obsidian?
    Yes, it has the gold flake in the black, but not as pronounced so it's not a perfect match, but close.
    FloridaTOny,

Well spent another hour plus at a sprint store to try and rectify the extended battery issue. But still go nowhere, finally told them if they cannot guarantee shipment of the advertised 2000mah battery, then they can have this one back and I'll order form another source. So they are sending me a return authorization and I got he usual spiel that it can take up to TWO billing sycles to see the money returned to my credit card! GEESH - they GOT my money instantaneously why does it take up to 60 days to get it back? I ordered the 2250 mah battery from the ebay link supplied in a previous post.

Cheers, Kim
    Seidio plans to release 2600 mah super extended battery for Centro next week !
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    What about an extended battery in the OEM size like the 1600 mah for the 680/750?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I've been using this 3600mAh battery and still only get one day per charge:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-EXTENDE...QQcmdZViewItem

I couldn't even get 6hrs out of a new stock battery because I'm always using the phone.
    Fell out of a boat today with the Centro in my pocket. I let it dry out awhile and it is operational, but the display freaks out with weird colors at times. The extended battery appears dead, so it must have shorted out.
    Fell out of a boat today with the Centro in my pocket. I let it dry out awhile and it is operational, but the display freaks out with weird colors at times. The extended battery appears dead, so it must have shorted out.
    Oh man! Not even a ziploc baggie surrounding the centro? Good luck on the drying out process!

Cheers,
    Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

Is this going to fit into the Centro without a new door or is this going to need a new door. Other than a few people , sounds like most of us will not purchase a battery for the centro that makes it like a brick. I wouldnt, reason I purchae the centro was how thin it was .Just curious.
    There is NO way for anyone to produce a standard size battery for the Centro with 2600 mAh. I'm just hoping there will be something with more mAh soon. The Treo 680 came with a 1200mAh battery and Seidio offered a standard size 1600 mAh battery. When they offered a 2400 mAh for that phone, it was a extended size with larger battery cover.
    Florida Tony
    Yeah I think that was a stupid question I asked. Your right. There will probally never be a extended battery that fits the centro. Guess I will stick with 2 batterys. Hell no on those ugly doors that make the centro like a brick. (for me , not talking for anyone else, I know some people dont mind them)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast