1.    #1  
    Hello, for all the centro users, I wanna know how the phone part of the phone is.... Can people hear you fine, and can you hear them fine?

Is there loud background noise that people hear on the centro???
    Sound quality has been great for me so far on both ends. Though the speakerphone sucks IMHO. It's plenty loud on my end by really grumbly garbled and the person I'm talking to often has problems hearing me. My last phone was an EnV and that a good speakerphone.

But other than that the phone's great.
    That's odd, people tell me they can't even tell I'm on speaker phone on mine.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    It is much better than my prior smartphone, a Treo 650. I always use bluetooth currently a Jabra BT8010. The centro is better than the Treo 650 in all areas.
    This phone is *terrible* compared to the i500 for noise cancellation. Picks up everything but me, if there are two people 50 feet away having a quiet conversation people ask me if I am at a loud party!
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    It does not recognize your voice as good as the 755p.

I have a hell of a time with automated voice systems recognizing what I'm saying on the Centro compared to the 755 (this is in a quiet environment). Generally no problems with talking to other people though.
    I can hear people just fine, and they hear me with not troubles at all. Regular phone mode, or speaker phone mode. I did get some echoing once when I had the volume all the way up while in speaker mode.

I haven't had any difficulties using voice automated menus. And have only used it once in a very crowded room, but was able to heold a decent conversation.

I give the centro's speaker mode, phone mode two thumbs up! I haven't paired it with my bluetooth yet.

Cheers, KIM
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    No sound problems. Inbound & Outbound both GREAT. Also works well with Bluetooth. The best Palm Phone ever.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    I used my bluetooth in my basement today while the phone was on the first floor.

Also, does anyone notice that the other party cannot hear you while they are talking when using the speakerphone function? It's like a walkie talkie
    Truspark mentioned:
    "Also, does anyone notice that the other party cannot hear you while they are talking when using the speakerphone function? It's like a walkie talkie"

Am not sure what you mean by this, when the other person is talking, I am listening and vice versa - same as on regular phone mode. am not in the habit of talking over someone. Over.

Cheers, Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    I guess you and I were brought up in entirely different cultures, if I didn't cut off some of my family members, I'd run through my anytime minutes in a week! They must think I've become a lot more patient with them since I got my Centro, it's been very frustrating listening to my sister go on and on and on with no recourse