Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. dootndo2's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
       #1  
    I keep getting this wierd error occassionally when I attempt to connect to the internet.

    I type in the address and click go. I am then prompted with:

    Download
    File: undef_
    From: http://www.google.com
    Size: 0.0K
    Save to: Device/Card

    Do you want to download? Y/N

    OK, I know I shouldn't be prompted to download anything. I can download the file and put it on local or card. Either way, it still will not connect to the web site.

    Once downloaded, I get a message:

    Browser Error:
    Unknown Error. URL: http://www.google.com/

    I can work around this issue by clearing my cache and cookies. But am frustrated that I am getting this error at all. Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a Browser update that could fix this?

    Thanks.

    dootndo2
  2. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #2  
    I have the same problem. I have been doing a reset to get it to go away.. Funny I was just going to post this. I have no idea how to get around this....

    Any help would be great. Started happening about a month ago. Big Google news reader. This is pissing me off!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  3. dootndo2's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    I have the same problem. I have been doing a reset to get it to go away.. Funny I was just going to post this. I have no idea how to get around this....

    Any help would be great. Started happening about a month ago. Big Google news reader. This is pissing me off!

    Found this post:

    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...cending&page=2

    By any chance, do any of you guys have Blazer set to "Use Custom Proxy"? Blazer/Options/Preferences/Advanced/Set Proxy/Uncheck Use custom proxy.
    I tried the remove proxy and that seems to work (for now). If it comes back, I'll be back.

    dootndo2
  4. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #4  
    so you go into Set proxy and uncheck the box??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  5. dootndo2's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    so you go into Set proxy and uncheck the box??
    That seems to be the fix. If it comes back, I'll post again. In the advanced tab, there is a Set Proxy button. Click that and uncheck the 2 checkbox on the Set Proxy screen. Only the top one was checked on mine.

    dootndo2
  6. allonon's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #6  
    I see this quite a bit more on the Centro then I did with my 680. It has always been a network connection count issue for me. Usually I use ResetNetLib to reset the network stack and that will clear it up. Sometimes ResetNetLib won't clear it so I'll use Xiino until I feel like rebooting
  7. Lamonte219's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #7  
    call at&t and have the DATA support REP check your CCI profile. that should fix it
  8. #8  
    thanks, I was having the same problem!
  9. #9  
    This morning, I had the problem described in this thread. Blazer asked me to download a file no matter which web site I tried to visit. And even after I downloaded the file (which had size 0K) no web page would load. I tried pressing the reset button and clearing out the cache/cookies but the problem persisted. I was not using a proxy server.

    I called Sprint customer service and, despite Sprint's reputation for poor customer service, the first rep I got solved the problem for me. The solution: taking the battery out for 30 seconds. He told me that taking out the battery forces the phone to reset its connection to the network. When I replaced the battery, the phone did ask me to confirm whether I wanted the network to update the time. When I pressed the reset button I was not asked that question.

Posting Permissions