1.    #1  
    Anybody using "Colorize" or RNS Butterfly on their Centro? I've downloaded a trial of RNS Butterfly and so far many things are able to be changed to my preferred color (RED). No, the system color themes do not offer enough color changes and I'd love to find a way to change the phone application to red instead of that boring blue!

But according to the "Pocketgear" site, this program as well as "Colorize" are not compatible with the Centro.

I am NOT happy at all with the Pocketgear site - but apparently Palmgear moved all their stuff to Pocketgear. And many of the links in Pocketgear don't even work!

If Colorize works on the Centro, I can save a few bucks. Looking forward to any input!
    Cheers, Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Also consider skinUI since it is now freeware.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Try SkinUI (just be sure to turn off "big buttons" and "buttons" and "checklists" in applications "web" and "mobile mail"). For the dialpad look at "red smilies" thread, or get TakePhone and skin it.
    For wallpapers, install TreoLauncher.

I used colorize without incident on my Centro. Gets rid of those pesky lines in memo.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I also use colorize.. love it
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I used colorize on my 700p and on my centro...LUV IT! To change the phone app though you will need skinUI or any of the previously mentioned apps. if you search this forum, someone was making his own phone app skins though.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    I love my Centro and try skinUI, but it crashes the Centro (made a soft reset) with the cobalt skin. I just run Solitaire, then exit and the Centro resets... so I uninstall skinUI.

Is there any program that let me use wallpapers? Better if it's free !

Regards!
    I just installed skinUI and it has reset my phone twice now.. I went through the tour and then it reset when I exited the tour, then when I tapped on it from the main screen after the reset. Any suggestions?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Would have to be some sort of a software conflict. SkinUI has been running pretty stable on my Centro. Have to disable "big buttons" though.

fgv66 (Welcome to TC btw), for wallpapers, try TreoLauncher, not exactly free but the nag screens are rare and far in between.
    I managed to get through the tour - but I've since deleted the app, reset, tried to reinstall a fresh copy, etc.. I still get a reset. Oh well, that was another shot at getting a pink phone user interface without having to buy RESCO to move phwelo's files over. *sigh*
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    resco comes with a 14 day trial, no need to buy anything ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    resco comes with a 14 day trial, no need to buy anything ;-)
    I already used that when I installed the pink set the first time. I restored everything from Backup man but it didn't restore my pink phone screen/buttons.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  13.    #13  
    Well, spent the day researching, finding programs, trialing programs and installing stuff.

THanks to the suggested red smilies thread I finally landed on some successful pleasing results!

I tried Colorize, but it didn't do as much as I wanted, neither did Khroma which seemed to be identical programs. So I went ahead and paid for "Butterfly" which does some AWESOME colorizing as well as nifty special effects!

Thanks to some tremendous input posted by a Treocentral member (Phwelo) I was able to further enhance my color preferences and even get some icons to change colors! Thank you Phwelo!

ANd I went ahead and paid for Resco Explorer which was bundled with Resco Photo for 35 bucks. I've used both on my T3 so felt I got a decent deal.

I found a freeware download of "snap" for screenshots.

THen with a trial of Softick Card export ( which I'll likely buy - cause I used that too on the T3) I uploaded the file to my new Flickr account (which apparently is a perk of having a Centro and a yahoo email account).

Got to see the pix I sent from the Centro too! Cool! But geez is Flickr complicated! Not as easy as Putfile (which I wanted to use, but the site is having difficulties).

So here is my Colorized Centro!Notice that the bluetooth icon is actually red, as is the battery indicator! And Butterfly allowed my to change the color of the "focus" button from blue to my choices of red, orange and yellow! The remaining blue lines in the menu page are what Phwelo couldn't get changed, but they aren't too distracting.

So now my Centro gives off great vibes and the wallpaper of my happy ferret keeps me smiling!

Cheers, Kim

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3157/...f1104fef_o.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3041/...f3191ebd_o.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2006/...ae2f9c43_o.jpg
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Thank you for the advice Badzed!

Anyway, SkinUI seems to be painfully slow to me redrawing and redrawing, so it will be uninstalled, hehehe!

I have a free old version of TreoLauncher, so I installed and it works but there are some changes in the icons... do you know if I can upgrade my old version for the latest?

Thank you again... I have one question about Agendus but I will post it in another thread.

Regards!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    The lag in SkinUI that you experienced was a "transition" setting (i believe on default its set to fade). Set it to "none" and the centro will be as fast as usual. As far as TreoLauncher goes I have v 1.5, never had to upgrade, so can't help you there. Your old reg code does not work?
    ^^ Yep, different transitions take different amounts of time to occur.

Experiment with the different options or disable it.
    Thank you again Badzed and Papped!

Anyway I have installed the TreoLauncher 1.53 and it is just what I want! but respect to the old reg code, I have not because it was a free version

Does it mean that the TL 1.53 is going to stop working? what is the trial period?

Thanks again, you have been great in advising me! Regards