1.    #1  
    All,

I'm looking forward to pulling the trigger on a Verizon Centro when they finally come out, replacing my aging T650.

It occurs to me that I don't know if my infrared external keyboard will work on it. I know the IR window is on the centro's side, so assuming it sees the signal from the IR keyboard, does anyone know if it will work? Anyone tried it?

Thanks,
    Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I tried. I couldn't get it to work. Don't know about other people though.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I upgraded to centro & my ir keyboard works great.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    How do you position the Cento and/or keyboard IR... what's it called... signal sender... you know what I mean. And which version of the keyboard app are you using?

Edit: Just tried it again, and now I remember why I said it didn't work. When I try to start the application, my phone soft resets. If it works for you, it must mean there is a conflict with another app on my phone. I can live without the Universal Wireless Keyboard if that's the case. That'll just be reserved for my T5 only.
    Last edited by Gerorne; 05/19/2008 at 05:40 AM.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    A further observation regarding the use of the Palm Universal Wireless keyboard (compatible with Treo 650 & 700 models) with a Palm Centro -- A keyboard out of the package was tested with a Centro purchased in the spring of 09 which had not had much in the way of extra apps loaded on it -- the Palm OS software was ported to the phone from the Palm desktop with no protests, and the keyboard works well with no observation of keystrokes dropping out or other headaches- the blue Palm OS function keys work correctly. The IR wand on the keyboard was positioned a half inch from the Centro's IR slot and a little above it and the IR signal was detected OK. In this case the software bundled on the phone does not appear to have interfered with operation as has been reported previously.
    FYI - The version of the Palm OS driver referred to in the above mentioned successful interface of the Palm universal keyboard with the Centro was v1.13
    This is for the palm branded KB right?

I just snagged one and have been using it with my t/x, but If it will work I would like to at least try it on the centro, as I hate typing on it, but love it on the new kb so much so it has me thinking of looking into a netbook if I can get one with good life and feather weight, but otherwise I may be using the palm Kb for quite some time til then.