Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Try to back down on (221X2.0= 442)the 221 & raise the 2.0 so you can be at 520. I wouldn't lock PTunes either, that app just aint 100% well. See if that helps...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    ClieVideo:

I just installed your 3.1 version (trial) , and got some very strange results. 1. The phone function (radio) itself would turn itself off. When I tried to turn it back on the phone would reboot. This happened about 4-5 times. I have Crash monitoring my system, and the logs show the phone was what was causing the crash. Also on occasion when the phone rebooted, the palm logo would show very faintly on the display, and the system was locked. I overclocked about 3-4 programs: Blazer, ptunes, kinoma, the launcher.

I had the overclock settings set at 221X2.0 = 442.

Any clues why this is happening? Any suggestions on how to resolve the problem. I temporarily removed the program, and all is well again. Would really like to use the product.
    Try a lower bus speed like 208x2.0=416 or 208x2.5=520 if those are available to you on a 700p.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Well, I had to remove the software all together, and do a hard reset, (thank goodness it was backed up). Tried the settings after reloading the demo, and the phone portion of the 700p, kept causing a reset. To bad to, I thought I had a winner here, to help improve some performance issues.

After I reloaded the product, with-in an hour, my 700p, reset itself about 6-7 times, and the log files indicated that it was the phone function/application that caused the problem (It froze about 3 out of the 6 times on the palm screen after it rebooted).

Took the product off, hard reset, restored, and all is well.

Any other suggestions, or should I chalk this up for experience.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Demo,

It just might one of your other software apps that might not play well with Lightspeed. Since you have a backup image - just hard reset and simply load Lightspeed - if that works then it is one of your other apps that doesn't play well with Lightspeed. Then all you have to do is find the app that is causing the problem. After you find the problem app - decide if the problem app is more important than Lightspeed or vise versa.

Of course if you want to go further and you want both the problem app and Lightspeed - see if there is an equivalent like app that can do the same thing as the problem app - then you can have your cake and eat it too

At least that is how I would do it because there is only one overclocker that I know that is compatible with my 755p - maybe there is another overclocking app for your 700p that may be more compatible with your system?

Good Luck - let me/us know how it comes out.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

OK, a DUMB question! How do you tell if it is activated or not!

If Disabled is visible, I assume it is inactive, and if the green Enable is visible I assume it is active? Is this correct?

Set most to 520, but kept PIM, etc at the defaults.

Personally, I don't see any performance increase on my 700P, but .......
    Last edited by rjuhl; 05/30/2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added a comment
    RJuhl
    Yes, green is Active.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Clarifying: what I meant is: If it shows green and says enabled, do I need to tap that, or does that toggle it to disabled?

Not sure why I need to know, as really can't tell whether it is activated or not.

OK, will try to be less critical. The reason I am uncertain as to the state of the program, is that I have it set to 'confirm enabled' on reset. Yet, everytime my Treo is reset, the program displays 'disabled'. Thus, not sure if I have been interpreting it correctly.

Still, even tho I bought it, will probably just uninstall, as don't see any speed increase. .....
    Last edited by rjuhl; 05/30/2008 at 07:34 PM.
    RJuhl
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl View Post
    Clarifying: what I meant is: If it shows green and says enabled, do I need to tap that, or does that toggle it to disabled?

OK, will try to be less critical. The reason I am uncertain as to the state of the program, is that I have it set to 'confirm enabled' on reset. Yet, everytime my Treo is reset, the program displays 'disabled'. Thus, not sure if I have been interpreting it correctly.

Still, even tho I bought it, will probably just uninstall, as don't see any speed increase. .....
    If it shows green and you can see the word Enabled - then it is working - if it is greyed out and say Disabled then it is not working.

I prefer to not have "confirm enabled" checked - the reason is if my Treo reboots than I always have to tell it to "Enable" itself if that makes any sense.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl View Post

Not sure why I need to know, as really can't tell whether it is activated or not.

You sure you're catching the "Enable" dialog when it comes up? I've seen other programs interrupt that sort of thing in general, not just with LightSpeed.

I personally just have it enable and don't confirm anything. And yes, when it is says Enabled, it's enabled! Not sure how that's possibly confusing I have seen programs that are 'backwards' in that you tap the button to do what it says, but in that case it'd say "Enable" not "Enabled".
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You sure you're catching the "Enable" dialog when it comes up? I've seen other programs interrupt that sort of thing in general, not just with LightSpeed.

I personally just have it enable and don't confirm anything. And yes, when it is says Enabled, it's enabled! Not sure how that's possibly confusing I have seen programs that are 'backwards' in that you tap the button to do what it says, but in that case it'd say "Enable" not "Enabled".
    I agree about the enabled button, but when it automatically went the other direction after every reboot, wasn't sure I was interpreting it correctly.

And, since I don't seem to see the speed increase, couldn't tell whether it was activated or not. Guess it just isn't going to work for me. Seems like a handy program tho. Not trying to be critical. Thanks for the reply!
    RJuhl
    rjuhl,

The speed difference is there and is more noticible on some programs than others - since I think you said you already paid for it, I would just use it for a week or two and then disable it and see if you can see what you lost in performance - sorta like saying you never know what you have until you lose it.

With that being said, excuse my analogy the difference in improvement is like saying your car has a top speed of 50mph and with Lightspeed your top speed is going to be 150mph - that would not be true!

It is more like your car has a top speed of 50mph and with Lightspeed some programs will have a top speed of 55mph, and some will have a top speed of 75mph or somewhere in between. If that makes any sense to you.

Some people will be exicted with a 10mph increase, and to some, if they don't see a 100mph increase they consider it useless - it all depends on how sensitive you are to improvements and knowing the limitations of the hardware. I mean it is difficult to make a 4 cyclinder engine with enough power to make a car go 300mph - it is not going to happen.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I have to agree with rjuhl, I do not see much if not any significant change in speed or performance with Lifespeed. I understand what mouseglider is saying, though not sure that I totally agree. Using his analogy of a car's speed, if I'm driving 55 and increase my speed to 65. I will be able to notice the difference. I too bought lightspeed and have been using it now for about a week or so. sometimes enabled sometimes not. my conclusion: I don't think its working for me. i wonder if there are software incompatibilities. what I mean is, does anyone know if there is(are)apps that block lightspeed from doing its thing? is that possible? I remember overclocking an older Palm PDA (back in the day) and you where able to see and experience the difference. lightspeed? not so much...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Treo 755p on sprint here, Lightspeed 3.1 Just Installed

Default = 208 x 1.5 = 312mhz
    Tried 221 x 2.0 = 442mhz (perfectly stable)
    Tried 234 x 2.0 = 468mhz (battery voltage issue "battery is low shutting down in 30 seconds" )
    Tried 221 x 2.5 =552mhz (sometimes unstable but currently testing it)

So it looks like I can only push it to 221 x 2.0, I really wanted to get that bus to 234 to bump performance. Generally bus increases are better than multiplier for inc performance since it boosts the memory and processor. Anyone know a way to make this happen? The treo is stable its just it thinks its battery is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilemaxx View Post
    I have to agree with rjuhl, I do not see much if not any significant change in speed or performance with Lifespeed. I understand what mouseglider is saying, though not sure that I totally agree. Using his analogy of a car's speed, if I'm driving 55 and increase my speed to 65. I will be able to notice the difference. I too bought lightspeed and have been using it now for about a week or so. sometimes enabled sometimes not. my conclusion: I don't think its working for me. i wonder if there are software incompatibilities. what I mean is, does anyone know if there is(are)apps that block lightspeed from doing its thing? is that possible? I remember overclocking an older Palm PDA (back in the day) and you where able to see and experience the difference. lightspeed? not so much...

Actually I should have use the analogy of "time" - although measureable but difficult to feel/see the improvement is if I said if your current speed was like going 0mph to 60mph in 6 secs., Lightspeed would get you there in 4.5 to 5.5 seconds - in other words its there but feelable/seeable depending on the programs you use. Example: "Memos" program you won't see to much of a difference - but something that is bus and cpu intensive like a video program or say Sprint TV, you would then see more of a difference.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by DrTacoElf View Post
    Treo 755p on sprint here, Lightspeed 3.1 Just Installed

Default = 208 x 1.5 = 312mhz
    Tried 221 x 2.0 = 442mhz (perfectly stable)
    Tried 234 x 2.0 = 468mhz (battery voltage issue "battery is low shutting down in 30 seconds" )
    Tried 221 x 2.5 =552mhz (sometimes unstable but currently testing it)

So it looks like I can only push it to 221 x 2.0, I really wanted to get that bus to 234 to bump performance. Generally bus increases are better than multiplier for inc performance since it boosts the memory and processor. Anyone know a way to make this happen? The treo is stable its just it thinks its battery is gone
    If you increase the cpu speed by the multiplier rather than fiddleing with bus speed, I think you will see a faster speed performance gain then the bus. The 208 bus speed is key IMHO especially when switching between programs. Lightspeed need change one less perameter.

Example: 208/416, 208/520 and for the upper limit go no more that 221/552 - once you use something where the bus is over 221, they seem to be on certain 755p to become unstable - I may be one of the lucky few, but I have set 3 or 4 programs at 234x2.5= 585 with success, but I simply run no higher than 221/552 while the rest is split between 208/416 and 208/520. I put a post of my settings here or maybe in another thread of Lightspeed that shows all my settings that I have had good luck with and did much testing on all of those settings since the first release of 3.1 public beta and just now I feel I have it at its best settings for my particular use. So have paitence and you will find the best settings that works for you. If I knew where my post with my settings are I would give the link - so if you are interested, it is here somehwere and might give you a good start.

One more analogy to my LS settings - my car enigine gets its peak performance at 7,000rpm, yes 7,300 maybe faster but also less stable and could break/crash/lockup (when one of LS speed numbers are in red) - so I simply run my engine at at about 6,000rpm where I am safe and stable - with a nice performance increase - don't get me wrong after a little speed taste increase, I would certainly like more, but I think it has to be more than software - its not like we can replace a cpu, change a video card, add more memory or add a 10,000rpm hard drive - its simply a small handheld computer where it has "fixed" hardware.

Next time I'll ask for twin turbo chargers and nos - yup I think they will fit in the mini-sd slot - yup I think it will!
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 06/01/2008 at 05:12 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Thanks for the clarification Mouseslidder. I totally get that. I guess where I was hoping to see performace difference is in the speed in which my 755 responds. That is, The speed in which the 755 goes from one app to another. That is really where I become frustrated. Waiting for an app to "open." The responsiveness of my 650 was much better. Is there a way to increase the responsiveness of the 755. I have not changed or added any apps since switching to the 755! I think the most CPU intensive app I have is Megalauncher (don't tell me to get rid of it...I love that app!). It is one of the apps that takes forever to "open." 2day is another one. On my 650, no problem...tap the icon and...BANG...right there. I love the form factor and clarity of the phone on the 755. That is the reason I don't switch back. Ca anyone help.

BTW i am trying everyones suggestions on how to optimize Lightspeed. That may also be my problem. I don't know how to work that darn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    rjuhl,

The speed difference is there and is more noticible on some programs than others - since I think you said you already paid for it, I would just use it for a week or two and then disable it and see if you can see what you lost in performance - sorta like saying you never know what you have until you lose it.

With that being said, excuse my analogy the difference in improvement is like saying your car has a top speed of 50mph and with Lightspeed your top speed is going to be 150mph - that would not be true!

It is more like your car has a top speed of 50mph and with Lightspeed some programs will have a top speed of 55mph, and some will have a top speed of 75mph or somewhere in between. If that makes any sense to you.

Some people will be exicted with a 10mph increase, and to some, if they don't see a 100mph increase they consider it useless - it all depends on how sensitive you are to improvements and knowing the limitations of the hardware. I mean it is difficult to make a 4 cyclinder engine with enough power to make a car go 300mph - it is not going to happen.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I have been using it for 2 or 3 weeks now. Occasionally take a look at the settings and see that it is 'disabled' - I reactivate it, but unable to notice the difference. I also was expecting to see a quicker opening of programs, but not so far. Anyway, again, am unable to tell whether it is activated or not by the speed of the Treo. (If I have to check to know, it must not be significant, right?)

Anyway, I paid for it, and am not complaining. Just isn't beneficial for me.

Way it goes.
    RJuhl
    rjuhl,

(If I have to check to know, it must not be significant, right?) -> yes that is correct to an extent.

I believe it is all in the individual - what you think is slow might be fast to others and vise versa.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I bought this software last night for lifetime license but still do not have anything from seller. Does anyone here had issue like that? Also in the process of my payment there was no area where I would type in my device name. What was your experience? When should I expect my registration info to be sent out to me?
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Ehsan,

I seemed to remember that there was an area for device name - but it has been long ago and I really can't remember - but I got my registartion within minutes of my order.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast