1.    #1  
    Does anyone else have this problem: When I'm in my contacts program if I type in F to scan down to companies that start with F, some of the companies show up and others don't. I can't figure out why. If I just scroll down from A to F, all the F contacts are right there but when I press F again, about half of them disappear. Am I doing something wrong? I tried to delete a contact and reenter it but it still won't show up.
  2.    #2  
    well, searching around the internet I found that sorting by spelling a name will only sort by first name. I wonder when Palm changed it over. I used to be able to either sort by company or last name and spelling either would winnow the names down that way but now it still allows you to sort by company or last name but only allows you to search by first name. Confusing. Anyone know what the benefit of such a change is? Sometimes I can't remember the first name of my contact at a certain company. Oh well, there's always universal search...
    That's part of the reason I purchased TakePhone. You can type any part of a first name, last name, or company and get results of your search as you type. I used to put the company as part of a persons last name.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    That's part of the reason I purchased TakePhone. You can type any part of a first name, last name, or company and get results of your search as you type. I used to put the company as part of a persons last name.
    The funny thing is that I have Takephone, I've just been lazy about learning to use the "find" function. I just tried it out and find it excellent. Old habits die hard and it will be a while before I instinctively use the Takephone find instead of going directly to Contacts. What I don't understand is why Palm changed something that seemingly worked fine. My last organizer was a Sony TG50 so I guess I missed a whole bunch of "upgrades" but it was OS 5.
    My Centro will filter by first name, last name, or first initial + last name. That's good enough for me. If you want to find a company, use the "find" feature by pressing option + shift.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    do you have categories set. up at the top, in the middle, is there a drop down with different categories that starts with "All"? I set up categories - friends, family, biz, work.. and if I am not under the "All" category, searching will not give me results I know are there.
  7.    #7  
    yes, that was the first thing I checked. It looks like Palm - somewhere between my 2003 Sony Clie and now changed the way they alphabetical sort works. If I go by first name it will always pull up the names I'm looking for but there is no longer a way to search by company other than a search or 3rd party software.
    May I suggest the wonderful program that is TAKEphONE? It's a lot more flexible on the searches.