1.    #1  
    I've had my Centro for a couple of weeks and it has reset itself or froze on me (therefore having to be reset) at least 10 times. Now, each time it has reset itself I was in the middle of messing with a program or I was pressing buttons too quickly while it was thinking so I'm just wondering if that's normal par for the course with the Centro or do I have a bug in my OS that I should make an exchange before my 30 days are up.
    Mine has reset occasionally, usually in the morning when I have "2playme" app set to turn the phone on, then ChatterEmail goes to get my email, and if I'm checking my calendar or anything at around that time -- it crashes. There's something about trying to do too many things at once that causes it to reset or get flaky.

My solution is to have 2Play me do automatic soft reset every day first thing in the morning (which by default turns the phone on) and then it's fine all day long no matter what I do...
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
    Zelgo, exchanging the device does little good if one has a software conflict causing the problem. Backing up the device, executing a hard reset, using the device for a period of time will show if the device is stable or not. If it does not reset, then it is an application not functioning as we think it should.

Ben
    Rarely. Kinoma on some files, Blazer a couple times when I navigated through a few URL in fast in succession. Very few resets in the last 6 months.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I've had maybe 6 resets since I bought the Centro last November/December. I have reset it manually a few times using mReset, but it's been extremely stable.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  6.    #6  
    Now every time I try to load BigClock my Centro resets. I deleted the program then downloaded it again and reinstalled and it still crashes any time I try to access the menu. Any idea what the problem is? I have Technician and TreoAlarm installed not sure if either of them are conflicting with BigClock but it was working fine as of last week.
    First of all, get a backup program like NVBackup so you can revert back to the time when you remember when your device operated normally.

My Centro resets when it runs out of memory. If I'm using a Java program heavily (i.e. Opera Mini, Google Maps) or if I'm watching a large movie file on TCPMP, I can expect that it'll reset about half of the time. There are, of course, memory managers that can help me out with this issue.

I haven't gotten BigClock to work on my Centro either, at least not without a bunch of resets.
    Devices: T|X, AT&T GSM Centro
    BigClock was never rewritten to support the treo line fully. It will work just fine as long as you don't hit the menu button.
    BigClock worked fine on my old Palm but resets my 755p and just about any newer Treo or Centro - if you really like BigClock like I do, the only way it will work without resetting is to purchase "9.95Clock" - same exact thing but you have to pay for it - www.995soft.com

I have no affliation with the company.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  10.    #10  
    awww that's too bad, well I think I can use TreoAlarm to wake me up in the morning, anyone else know of a good countdown timer that will work on the Treo/Centro? I really do use that function often. It's probably saved me over a thousand dollars just reminding me when my parking meter is about to expire.
    There are literally bunches that do this very well. I recommend rMobile Clock (rmobile.ca) or Palmary Clock (http://www.palmarysoft.com/products....0&product_id=0) - I am using the "wireless" release.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmtxuser View Post
    I haven't gotten BigClock to work on my Centro either, at least not without a bunch of resets.
    I note that you went from T|X to Centro. If you haven't updated to version 2.83t (the t is important), that may help.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/bigclocktreo600.shtml
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have tons of programs on my phone, taking up a lot of dbcache. (Including a lot of apps that are constantly working so add functionality, Zlauncher, LudusP, Butler, Qlaunch, KeyCaps, etc) My phone mostly only soft resets when using Blazer or QuickNews, so I'm pretty sure it's just a dbcache issue for me. I'm trying out Reset Doctor right now, using it to flush my cache if it gets below 5mb, and seeing how effective it is. So far it seems to work decently enough.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I'm surprised noone has mentioned SafeGuard as an assistance to this problem. SafeGuard will diagnose what is causing the resets/crashes and will automatically quarantine the troublesome app (after the third reset). I believe it to be a must have for any Treo/Centro user.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    There's also this nice tutorial at the hobbyistsoftware site.

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/Insi...ache-crash.php
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I'm surprised noone has mentioned SafeGuard as an assistance to this problem. SafeGuard will diagnose what is causing the resets/crashes and will automatically quarantine the troublesome app (after the third reset). I believe it to be a must have for any Treo/Centro user.

I agree with TM. Here a link to the tread discussing SafeGuard:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=162374
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Centro has been great. Only resets since I got it in Sept have been caused by programs. I installed safeguard and it alerted me to the offending program and haven't had a reset since.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Centro has been great. Only resets since I got it in Sept have been caused by programs. I installed safeguard and it alerted me to the offending program and haven't had a reset since.
    Errr..., NO!! "Programs" mostly cause resets on the Centro because Palm insist on fitting all of their new devices with that abysmal rubbish called NVFS (which has NO redeeming value as far as I'm concerned).

My T3 - the last decent Palm as far as the OS is concerned - is filled with hundreds of programs; I managed (using all the means mentioned above) to transfer about 60% of those programs to my oh-so-wonderful Centro - all of them with new "Centro ready" versions.

Even so I get AT LEAST 100 soft resets of the Centro for every 1 reset of the T3 - on Sunday it annoyed me even more than usual: I had made a number of entries in DateBk6 for the coming week, had put the Centro onto the table because of a call on my land-line phone, and when I picked the Centro up again about 5 minutes later, it was just finishing a soft reset; all entries I had made in the last thirty minutes or so were, of course, GONE. :-((

I can only hope that Palm OS II / Nova goes back to a functioning memory structure!!

Regards,

Jochen
    I get it every so often especially if I use programs that use all of the dbcache such as Mobile XT or TomTom.

Sometimes it crashes when I answer phonecalls as well. But I have alot of 3rd party crap on there so I am guilty!
    My Centro resets when I use the native search function (Opt + Shift) since I installed the Agendus Pro 9.06 on it. I have written a post concerning to it.